Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Madison Bartholemew

From Frontier Natural Products Co-op

Frontier Bulk Almond Blossom Flavored Oolong Tea, CERTIFIED ORGANIC

About Frontier Natural Products Co-op View company

I know I drank this one before and have no idea why it shows I haven’t logged it…oh well…I only had enough for a large cup of this tonight and now I am out…but…here’s a quick review…it steeps really really really dark for an oolong…almost like a medium black. It smells like a fruity blossom…maybe apple or crab apple??? A little woodsy but not much. I’m not smelling a nutty-ness to it tho.

It tastes sweet and juicy and floral and woodsy. I can pick up on the almond a very little bit…but I am still thinking apple blossom more than anything. It’s pretty decent.

As it cools pick up on the almond a bit more. Num.

This is a good Oolong. I like the way the nutty flavor compliments the smoky notes of the Se Chung Oolong.

Not bad at all!

yuck…..this confirmed my feeling that I do not like “flavored” teas. I already gave this away to a co-worker who does like such things.

I was looking for an Almond Oolong that compared to one of the ones that I’ve had, and this one came pretty close to it. I tasted the wood, almond, and some smokiness with this one. Sweetness was there and I drank this without any sweetener usually, but I admit that it’s good with some stevia, agave, or sugar.

It’s pretty simple and I am glad I had some. I used to think this one was probably one of my favorites with the exception of Rishi’s Tie Guan Yin. Now, I’m starting to lean more towards Green Oolongs, but still, I really liked this one.

The demographic this tea might appeal to could be a newer tea drinker who likes almond or black teas since this is what this one resembles. There are better ones out there, yet this one is a good cheaper substitute.

Flavors: Almond, Roasted, Wood

This is a nice enough oolong but nothing to be excited about. It has some almond flavors but nothing it wasn’t really satisfying. Sort of a run of the mill oolong tea.

Thank you to Lariel for this tea!

Flavors: Almond

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Lariel of Lórien

I didn’t send that one.

carol who

Darn! I wrote Lariel on the bag. I wonder who actually sent it. :(

Adagio’s Almond Oolong is really strong Almond flavor and tastes really nice. :) I could send you some next time we swap if you want?

Lariel of Lórien

It smells like marzipan actually. (Er, the confection, not our fellow forum member.) Don’t really like the Adagio oolongs.

I received a sample of this from Suziqzer awhile back. Thank you!

Somehow this got pushed to the bottom of my work droor. I was digging around today and found it and was like, oh yeah! This was really tasty! It was a tad bit of the toasty oolong with hints of almond and a sweet finish. I really enjoyed this one! I will finish the last cup of this first thing Monday!

Glad you enjoyed this one! If you want more, let me know. It’s one of the few I can get locally.

Ooh, this sounds interesting.