Winter Solstice

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Fusion Teas
Iced 8 min or more

• “Additional notes: Sip down! Yes, I overleafed (I don't even know how many teaspoons). But I have to sip down some of these things. I'm still amazed with the ingredients in this lovely. I just...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1097 tasting notes
  • “This is delicious, but you have to like tart flavors. The main flavors are essentially sweet and tart cranberry, pomegranate, and hibiscus flavors with subtle warming spices in the background. It's...” Read full tasting note
    Kwinter 164 tasting notes
  • “This is the first tea that I've tried and just thought NO at the first sip. It might be good hot,I'll have to try, but cold brewed seemed to bring out the wrong flavors. The dry smell seemed...” Read full tasting note
    Molybdenum 225 tasting notes

From Fusion Teas

Winter Solstice, also called midwinter or Yule tide, symbolizes hope: it marks the longest night of the year after which the days slowly become longer!

First brought on to the Fusion Teas just for the winter season but because of the over-whelming popularity we decided to celebrate Winter Solstice year round. We are certain that the warm flavors of caramelized pomegranate combined with wintry spices will warm the soul.

Ingredients: apple pieces, orange peel, hibiscus blossoms, blackberry leaves, almonds, carrot shreds, star aniseed, cinnamon, flavoring, silver linden blossoms, cranberry, pomegranate arils, and rose petals.

About Fusion Teas View company

Additional notes: Sip down! Yes, I overleafed (I don’t even know how many teaspoons). But I have to sip down some of these things. I’m still amazed with the ingredients in this lovely. I just could have done without the hibiscus. I even tried to pull most of it out before going in the infuser. Sadly, the flavor is still mostly hibiscus. I miss the creamsicle flavor I noticed last time, and the dry leaf fragrance. It has so much here… why does it still need the hibiscus? It would be such a nice herbal without it.

Also! I looked up the actual winter solstice and it is December 21st! (I guess I do not normally need to know when it is, but it means longer days and I am wishing for a vacation that will never happen… at least the sun will stay up longer… not necessarily ever out from behind the clouds though.)

This is delicious, but you have to like tart flavors. The main flavors are essentially sweet and tart cranberry, pomegranate, and hibiscus flavors with subtle warming spices in the background. It’s very juicy and mouth watering, I’m a big fan of this stuff.

Bonnie

I like hibiscus! I often marinate fruit in it like apples to stop browning. Perfect with cranberry.

TeaBrat

The problem with hibiscus is that it so easily can overpower other ingredients in a tea

Scatterbrain

I don’t feel that’s the case with this tea.

Lynxiebrat

Hmm. I am not a fan of really tart things, more like a sweet-tart, slightly mouth puckering. This was on my list of teas that I wanted to try…now not so sure.

Scatterbrain

Yeah, it’s a little on the tart side. I don’t think it’s too bad but that might be because I enjoy tartness. I still say it’s worth ordering a sample though just to be sure. :)

Lynxiebrat

lol….your not helping me narrow down my choices!

This is the first tea that I’ve tried and just thought NO at the first sip. It might be good hot,I’ll have to try, but cold brewed seemed to bring out the wrong flavors.

The dry smell seemed familiar, but I couldn’t quite think of it. After it was done cold brewing, it still had that smell. It didn’t hit me until I tasted it. LICORICE. I don’t remember seeing anything licorice in the ingredients, but perhaps something else has a similar flavor. The flavor is a sorta licorice medicine taste. I gave it to my mom, but she didn’t like it much either. I won’t rate, because it just seems to be a flavor I don’t personally like.

Iced 8 min or more
Kittenna

Looking at the ingredients, star aniseed is likely your problem. Licorice-flavoured ingredients come with many sneaky names, I’ve come to realize. Anise, fennel, licorice. I do not like any of them.

Emilie

Ah, I’ll have to watch out for the sneaky anise then!