Chamraj Nilgiri FOP

Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole

• “First holiday dinner down, one to go. Such a full tummy. This is a good tea to wrap up the day with. Lighter than standard blacks, this has a dryness that builds after a few cups. A nice,...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 428 tasting notes
  • “I am new to tea but I have tried at least 10 loose leaf teas and am always blown away when I make a cup of Chamraj Nilgiri FOP. It seems to be the best flavor profile for my personal tastes. It is...” Read full tasting note
    enjoyingacup 1 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

An enjoyable black tea from hills of southern India.

Black leaves that are about 1/2 inch long. The FOP means Flowery Orange Pekoe, referring to the larger size of the leaf. When the tea is made, it rolled between two large metal plates. Some the leaves retain the large size and some are crushed. The FOP are those leaves that retain the larger size.

The larger leaf makes for a mellow tea, so it tends to be towards the lighter side for a black tea.

A nice mellow flavor with hints of citrus notes. It is often drunk with milk and sugar.

About Harney & Sons View company

Lighter than standard blacks, this has a dryness that builds after a few cups. A nice, refreshingly clean taste. A good, uncomplicated way to round out the evening and prepare for the cooking marathon tomorrow. :)

I am new to tea but I have tried at least 10 loose leaf teas and am always blown away when I make a cup of Chamraj Nilgiri FOP. It seems to be the best flavor profile for my personal tastes. It is very smooth and has a dryness that is strong but not bothersome. The color is gorgeous and the smell, heavenly. I do add some Half & Half and Stevia and it’s a great nighttime cup of tea for me. It is very calming. I adore this tea and am looking to buy more of it.

Flavors: Flowers