Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by ladyash5869

From Lipton

A delicate tea with an alluring aroma and a clean, crisp taste.

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

I had this again at my friend’s house. It does the trick, but I wouldn’t buy it for myself. Sure, it’s convenient, but it tastes…blah. It leans a tad on the bitter side, even with a cooler water temperature and a shorter steeping time. Beyond convenience it’s really not for me.

Barbara

Yeah. When at work or a business appointment I usually get something similar to this. It’s always a letdown. :-(

canadianadia

Yes, I think of it as a “it’ll do” tea

Using this again not technically as a tea but just sticking the teabag straight into my mouth to ease the pain of my aching gums (which have been healing up nicely from being cut open since I started doing this these last two days). Eating plenty of sorbet helps too, I think.

Anyway – pseudo sipdown! Although, not on this tea. Tomorrow I’m gonna go see Catching Fire with Robyn and I’m also gonna take the opportunity to unload a whole bunch of unwanted teabags on her, which I’ve got all packaged up now. So, good riddance to Bigelow’s English Breakfast, Bentley’s English Breakfast, Earl Grey, and Raspberry, Anisa Tea’s Persian Tradition, and Lipton’s Lemon Lift.

I’d throw these bags in there too if they weren’t getting a practical use as a “gum healer”. God, doing this makes me gag. It’s like drinking sewage water and yet getting positive health benefits from it.

Maybe I’ll take going to the theatre tomorrow as an opportunity to sneak a Thermos of DAVIDsTEA’s Movie Night into the theatre (again)…

Bagged
Aroma when Dry: sour, grassy
After water is first poured: nutty, powdery
At end of steep: grassy, buttery
Tea liquor:
At end of steep: med green
Staple? Type yes, would not use brand again
Preferred time of day: any
Taste:
At first: bitter, harsh, grassy
As it cools? Gets less harsh, grassy, slightly creamy, then bitter note closes
Additives used (milk, honey, sugar etc)? No

I guess this is just an “alright” tea for me, it’s forgettable and tastes like “cheap” green tea. Be careful of over-steeping, it gets bitter really quickly

A very ‘meh’ experience, and not particularly flavorful. Unremarkble, except that it gets bitter very easily and like most green teas, should be steeped only for a short period of time.