Sakura

Edit tea info Last updated by Eldylabor

From Lupicia

Black tea blended with lots of salted cherry leaves. LUPICIA’s spring special tea.

About Lupicia View company

This seasonal tea in one of my favorites. While salted cherry tree leaves may sound off-putting, this tea is actually very good. The black tea base is very smooth with a touch of caramel and vanilla flavors. I’m not sure how to even begin to explain how the cherry tree leaves taste, but I will give it my best. The cherry tree leaves do not taste salty at all, they add a crisp fresh flavor that I lack anything to compare them to. If I had to say what they reminded me of, the only comparison I could come up with is that they are reminiscent of how a plants just starting to re-grow in the springtime smell.

THIS TEA IS NOT FOR ME.
I went to Lupcia in Tokyo and decided to change things up and get a black tea with a Japanese twist… absolutely not for me.
I would love to swap this tea with someone because it might end up being used for a burnt offering in regards to the sadness it caused my taste buds; however, maybe your taste buds have a different way of interpreting taste and could find joy from this.

Sakura Sushi

Oh, dear! That’s not good! What did it taste like?

Strange, I don’t really taste much salt or brine at all. This comes across as a pleasant black tea, almost Darjeeling-like, quite crisp and refreshing. I expected a stronger taste of the salted cherry leaves but I can barely tell they’re present. Nice tea, inoffensive, just not as special as I expected. For the price, I expected something unique.

EDIT: After a few more steepings, I’ve nudged up the score a bit – if you put in a LOT of leaf, you get more of the sakura note, and then it’s better.