Edit tea info Last updated by Marie

• “I've been drinking this tea almost every day since I got it and am finally getting around to making a tasting note. I thought in order for a tea to be an Earl Grey it needed to be infused with...” Read full tasting note
    Lazey 94 tasting notes
  • “Mr. Grey wants to do something, he just doesn't know what that is yet. Hiding in the shadows, waiting for an opportunity to make a statement, he perhaps might be waiting quite a while. His many...” Read full tasting note
    abmedium 33 tasting notes

From Metropolitan Tea Company

Premium Ceylon Flavored Black Tea
Grade: OP
Origin: Sri Lanka – Dimbula, India – Assam

Sweet Caramel Ticklers come to the fore and finish with a haunting Earl Grey. A Tea for people who are Extraordinary!

Ingredients: Black Tea, Apple Pieces, Elderblossom, Calendula Petals,
White Daisy and Natural flavorings

About Metropolitan Tea Company View company

I’ve been drinking this tea almost every day since I got it and am finally getting around to making a tasting note.

I thought in order for a tea to be an Earl Grey it needed to be infused with bergamot. However I do not taste any bergamot and do not see it listed in the ingredients.

Besides the lack of bergamot this is a good tea. It’s very creamy, I do not taste caramel but other creamyish flavors like vanilla. It’s a mild tea. Usually I brew it for 5 minutes but got impatient, next time I’ll be more patient, this cup is weak compared to the 5+ minute cups I’ve had before. I take it with milk and sugar.

To make up for the lack of bergamot I’ve tried brewing the leaves with other EG teas, like ETS double bergamot. The best combo I’ve found is half Dorian Grey and half Russian Earl Grey- Russian Earl Grey is on the other side of the Earl Grey spectrum.

Mr. Grey wants to do something, he just doesn’t know what that is yet. Hiding in the shadows, waiting for an opportunity to make a statement, he perhaps might be waiting quite a while. His many personalities speak of a mysterious combination and hint towards more like something of confusion. Walk down this tea-laden path at your own financial peril. Once this gent is up, I won’t renew.