Dorian Grey

Edit tea info Last updated by Luhse Tea

From Luhse Tea

Earl Grey’s flamboyant brother. Added vanilla takes average Earl to a whole new level.

About Luhse Tea View company

Today is a sad day.

I have officially logged this as a SIP DOWN.

I love this one! Upping rating…don’t know what you ‘got’ till it’s gone…sigh…

A really nice cream Earl Grey. Sweet, and I like how the creamy notes meld with the fruity tones of the bergamot. The aroma is a bit softer than I would expect from an Earl Grey type tea, but once it brews the fragrance emerges … and so does the flavor.

The vanilla is a little stronger than the bergamot, which mellows out the sometimes sharp citrus. A really tasty tea.

Here’s my full-length review:

Sipdown (127)!

Thank you Scheherazade for the sample!

I’ve always thought that if I were to have my own tea company I’d want to carry an Earl Grey with this name – the literary reference is fantastic, and I’m a firm believer that an interesting name can make an otherwise mediocre tea. Obviously other companies share the same ideas that I have; when I typed the name of this tea into the search bar a half a dozen identically named teas popped up.

This was a really lovely cold brew though; the bergamot was neither weak or overwhelming and the finish had this really lovely floral quality that I really liked. Additionally, the vanilla used to make this an EGC is very rich and smooth, velvety even. It all just tied together to make a very powerful yet soft brew. I definitely enjoyed getting to try it!

The second of the Luhse flavoured blends I picked up with my recent order. Based on my favourable impression of Chocolate Boozer, I decided to make an evening of it and went straight on to Dorian Grey. Dorian Grey is an Earl Grey Cream, and it smells delicious from the moment I open the bag. Sweet, rich, and gloriously decadent. It’s a fairly unassuming blend to look at – just fairly small, uniform black-brown leaves. I used 1 tsp of leaf for my cup, and gave it 3.5 minutes in boiling water. It brewed up pretty strong, so I added a splash of milk.

To taste, this is one of the creamiest Earl Grey Cream blends I’ve tried. The initial sip is full-on vanilla; sweet and rich, with an intense creaminess that reminds me very much of premium vanilla ice cream, or perhaps crème anglaise. The earl grey is very much second fiddle, but it’s possible to find the bergamot lurking in the mid sip. It’s not over-strong, which I appreciate in an Earl Grey blend, but it does manage to cut through some of the heady vanilla sweetness. It’s a pleasing, citrus-laced counterpoint, and adds a layer of depth to the flavour. The black base can hardly be tasted, but it’s smooth and unobtrusive, and it lets the flavours shine.

I’m really impressed with this one. It more than lives up to its promise, and it makes for a deliciously tasty cup. A definite repurchase.

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp