Dorian Grey

Edit tea info Last updated by Luhse Tea

From Luhse Tea

Earl Grey’s flamboyant brother. Added vanilla takes average Earl to a whole new level.

About Luhse Tea View company

Today is a sad day.

I have officially logged this as a SIP DOWN.

I love this one! Upping rating…don’t know what you ‘got’ till it’s gone…sigh…

A really nice cream Earl Grey. Sweet, and I like how the creamy notes meld with the fruity tones of the bergamot. The aroma is a bit softer than I would expect from an Earl Grey type tea, but once it brews the fragrance emerges … and so does the flavor.

The vanilla is a little stronger than the bergamot, which mellows out the sometimes sharp citrus. A really tasty tea.

Here’s my full-length review:

Sipdown (127)!

Thank you Scheherazade for the sample!

I’ve always thought that if I were to have my own tea company I’d want to carry an Earl Grey with this name – the literary reference is fantastic, and I’m a firm believer that an interesting name can make an otherwise mediocre tea. Obviously other companies share the same ideas that I have; when I typed the name of this tea into the search bar a half a dozen identically named teas popped up.

This was a really lovely cold brew though; the bergamot was neither weak or overwhelming and the finish had this really lovely floral quality that I really liked. Additionally, the vanilla used to make this an EGC is very rich and smooth, velvety even. It all just tied together to make a very powerful yet soft brew. I definitely enjoyed getting to try it!

Sipdown! I’m going to miss this one a lot – it’s definitely one of the best Earl Grey Cream blends I’ve tried in a good long while. As it’s also the only tea I’d consider reordering, it might have to be a while before it’s back in my cupboard. I’m going to savour my last cup!

Their shipping is crazy! I did a mock order and the rate was ridiculous so guess I shouldn’t bother putting this on my wishlist haha.