Sow Mee White Tea

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Denise @ Nature's Tea Leaf

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I try every so often to understand white tea. It bamboozles me. Not being a particularly intuitive person, I don’t want to have to chase down whatever flavor is in my cup. I want it to find...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1953 tasting notes

From Nature's Tea Leaf

Sow Mee White Tea (Longevity Eyebrow White Tea) leaves are naturally withered with deep, olive green buds covered with light, white hairs. When infused, the tea leaves turn lighter in color and the liquid becomes a golden bronze. The Sow Mee White Tea has an uplifting aroma with a stimulating fruity, smooth flavor that is stronger than some white teas and similar to Oolong. Enjoy this delicious and gratifying tea hot or cold at any time of day.

About Nature's Tea Leaf View company

1 Tasting Note

1953 tasting notes

I try every so often to understand white tea. It bamboozles me. Not being a particularly intuitive person, I don’t want to have to chase down whatever flavor is in my cup. I want it to find me.

I didn’t have to run quite so hard for this one, a thoughtful sample tossed in with a Nature’s Tea Leaf order. Leaves were huge and virtually untouched; some stems in the bundle as well, but that isn’t a turn-off. Steeped as precisely to instructions as my sloppy methods allow, it was a honey-goldenrod color, satiny in texture, and a little sweet and soapy in taste. Soapy in a good way. And cornsilky. A nice little spring break in the middle of a very weary week.

ashmanra

Oooh, I need to order from them again. I love one of their black teas for breakfast. Now to find which one…

gmathis

My order was a large packet of Fujian Congou.