Sencha of Brightness

Corn Husk, Grass
Bulk
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This was my one indulgence for June which just arrived today ... YIPPEE! I've always wanted to try the Obubu tea sampler pack and now I have the time to try them all and even write tasting notes....” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2389 tasting notes

From Obubu Tea

Named for because it is so delicious as iced tea, in Japanese, Sencha of Brightness or きらめきの煎茶, carries the nuance of shimmering light as it dances on and through cool, refreshing water. As such, the leaves produce tea that is light and refreshing, perfect as a cool drink to quench your thirst on hot summer days. kirameki no sencha fieldsGrown on a south facing hillside, the fields have good exposure to the sun and wind. Combining the strong summer sun, more mature leaves, and the two-week covering technique used in producing Kabuse Sencha, the characteristic of Sencha of Brightness leaves is that its sweetness is light and refreshing.

About Obubu Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

This was my one indulgence for June which just arrived today … YIPPEE! I’ve always wanted to try the Obubu tea sampler pack and now I have the time to try them all and even write tasting notes. :) I love Japanese teas so I can’t imagine I’ll have anything too bad to say about the selections.

I picked this one at random from the sampler pack, I knew I wanted to try a sencha but I wasn’t sure which one. It has such a lovely name. I steeped this for 90 seconds and it has a very light colored infusion, one that I might associate more with Chinese tea than Japanese. The aroma is lightly vegetal and a bit flowery.

For a sencha, this is very mild. The description says this tea is made with more mature leaves so perhaps that is why. Also they claim it is good as an iced tea, so I’ll have to try the rest of my sample that way. For now I’m enjoying it hot. The flavor is very mild and sweet. It has some light grassy notes but also a bit of sweet vegetables like corn. I don’t think I’ve ever had a Japanese tea that’s this mild before, no astringency whatsover. It’s very tasty and soothing, like floating away on a green tea cloud.

Flavors: Corn Husk, Grass

Cameron B.

That’s a lot of sencha in that sampler! I’m excited to see all of your notes. :D

TeaBrat

ha ha – you’ll be sick of me soon!

Cameron B.

They definitely knew what they were doing when they named all of them. How can you not want to try something called “Sencha of the Summer Sun”?

TeaBrat

Agreed, their names are very poetic. I’ve been wanting to try their teas for years.