golden tip assam

Edit tea info Last updated by twiggles

From Postcard Teas

Gold Tip Assam is a classic Second Flush Assam from the famous Mangalam Tea Estate. Its luxurious gold tips give the tea a very special rich smooth taste, which is similar to Golden Assam we usually sell.

Brew with boiled water that has been cool for a minute to 90°C or so and a teaspoon of tea per cup.

About Postcard Teas View company

Had this for breakfast. A fantastically smooth Assam that plays very well with tea. Lots of golden buds. A must for Assam lovers

Terri HarpLady

that would be me, lol
I still haven’t tried Postcard Teas, yet!

NofarS

They are turning out to be a fantastic company. Do you want me to send you some samples?

Terri HarpLady

I would love that!
I can reciprocate with samples as well :)

I think I over-steeped this tea, but it is still smooth. Just a bit too bitter now. It has caramel and malty notes. I will have to make another cup and try not to brew it too long!

I bought a “50g refill” size of this tea in May 2012 and enjoyed a cup just now, with 1.15 teacup weight (on my Upton scale) brewed in a 2-cup teapot, swirled a few times right after water poured. I found the tea had an almost chocolatey note, especially in the scent coming from the damp leaves left behind in the teapot after pouring. I drank this with 2% milk (Ref No 606-C in Onkar Kukar’s brilliant milky-tea shades chart, http://www.onkarkular.com/files/poster-460.jpg) and enjoyed it very much – the smoothest hearty assam in my collection – but I regret not drinking more when it was fresher.

Unlike most of the teas on the site, this is a tea for milk and sugar. It’s a very high grade specialist tea, a tippy golden flowery orange pekoe picked before dawn (hence the golden tips) on a single Indian estate in the mountain state of Assam. One of the two finest black teas you can drink. Needs long steeping to bring out its deep malty richness.

Sold in London’s friendliest tea shop, Postcard Teas (just off Oxford Street), the shop includes a little cafe with lovely cakes, a great selection of loose leaf Indian, Chinese and Japanese teas and some classy tea paraphernalia. I have two of their Japanese tea caddies, gorgeous air-tight brass jars adorned with a single kanji ideogram that darkens with use over the years. Highly recommended.