2007 Premium Mengku Arbor Pu-erh Tea Brick

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Carolyn

• “Slightly smoky fragrance with a leather undertone. The first cup was bitter so I dumped it and poured a second which had a leather taste but not much more. (Puerh improves with re-steeps.) Third...” Read full tasting note
    Carolyn 224 tasting notes
  • “I've learned to enjoy sheng cha quite a bit more in last year and I still like this and even more appreciate the quality. I'm finally learning the difference in what makes a enjoyable sheng...” Read full tasting note
    beankrom 31 tasting notes

From PuerhShop.com

This Pu-erh brick of tea is made from Mengku arbor material, you will be pleased by its amazingly rich taste. The taste is authentic Mengku, aromatic, a subtly smooth yet full of flavor. Perfect for drinking by yourself, or for sharing with the best of company.

A hidden gem we got in 2007 Winter from Mengku, no big name, no fancy package, it is a great tea brick for your own enjoyment. You can be sure it got a high aging potential.

Brick Pu-erh Tea 250g/8.82 ounces
Green or Raw
Vintage 2007
Premium class
Loose tea leaves
Caffeine: Moderate

About PuerhShop.com View company

Slightly smoky fragrance with a leather undertone. The first cup was bitter so I dumped it and poured a second which had a leather taste but not much more. (Puerh improves with re-steeps.) Third cup still has a strong leather component and a slight bitterness but is developing something fruity in the fragrance. Third cup the fruitiness is gone replaced by a sober, rich flavor and fragrance as if apricots had dried without their classic sweetness.

Throughout this tea has a nice calming quality to it with just a little of the puerh buzz, that sense that one can be both meditatively alert and drunk on summer flowers at the same moment.

Cofftea

Carolyn! We haven’t seen tasting notes, comments, or discussions from you in months and some of us were pretty worried. Welcome back, you were missed.

LadyLondonderry

Welcome back, Carolyn! It’s great to see you on my Dashboard again. :) I have you to thank for introducing me to Panyang Bohea Select, which in turn led me to Panyang Bohea Supreme, now one of my all-time favorite teas!

Carolyn

@Cofftea: No need to worry, everything was just really busy and I settled into drinking The Simple Leaf’s Dawn tea everyday (and therefore had nothing to say and no time to write). Unfortunately I went to order more Dawn and they’ve closed up their shop. Obviously this means I must find a substitute for Dawn and Steepster is a good place to work things out. I’m still busy, but I clearly can’t deal with life without tea, so I’m back.

@LadyLondonderry: I love the Panyang Bohea Select. I’ll have to try the Panyang Bohea Supreme. Thanks for the comment.

Cofftea

Yeah we’ve been talking about SL’s closing for a while. No one can find out what’s going on. I still think of you every time I drink or comment on a pu erh tasting note:)

Please keep things friendly and .

I’ve learned to enjoy sheng cha quite a bit more in last year and I still like this and even more appreciate the quality. I’m finally learning the difference in what makes a enjoyable sheng including harvest altitude, varietal. I’ve had a few professional cuppings of other sheng and this holds up very well with some of the better offerings I’ve had. I can’t really ofer a whole lot more than what I described last time other than the bitterness has all but been eliminated, whether by brewing method or an additional year I’m not sure.

Please keep things friendly and .