Iron Goddess, Monkey Picked

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Oscillate253

From Red Blossom Tea Company

Our Iron Goddess of Mercy, Monkey Picked was the first Anxi oolong we imported when we opened shop a quarter century ago. It has remained the cornerstone of our Anxi oolong offerings. Monkey-picked comes from Anxi County, Fujian. Harvested in Autumn, the leaf is 30% oxidized – achieved by first bruising the leaf with a bamboo drum and then allowing it to whither and oxidize. Once the proper degree of oxidation is reached, the leaves are medium roasted. The resulting aroma is an unforgettable comingling of roasted nuts, ripe peaches and gardenias, in a liquor that is surprisingly light and sweet.

About Red Blossom Tea Company View company

On first steeping, it was really light and there didn’t seem to be much discernible flavor. There was some left in the pot, so I iced that, left the tea leaves out over night and rebrewed it this morning, let it steep for longer. Mmm, good strong cup of tea with a smooth flavor and that beautiful gold color I like to see in my oolongs. Very good tea for morning or night.

A friend shared some of this tea with me, and it has since become my favorite. I usually don’t go a day without it.

I got a free sample of this tea with my last purchase from their website, which is clever and even more so when it’s pretty good! The tea tastes great!