Sencha Special Hika

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by steepster

From Rishi Tea

Hika refers to the degree of roasting and the level of toasty aroma a tea presents, as there are different methods and styles of dry roasting or re-drying tea to fix a specific aroma. Our Sencha Special Hika presents a strong and sweet roasted aroma of toasted hazelnuts and barley with a smooth body. We consider this batch to be expertly roasted, as the Hika is strong but the leaf remains fresh and green.

About Rishi Tea View company

So amazing. Must find more. Like drinking a cup of summer water. Raised my expectations for green tea.

For those who are especially motivated, I was told to brew this by putting one tablespoon in an ounce of cold water for 2 minutes, and then add a cup of hot water and immediately decant. That certainly worked out okay, though I also enjoyed it brewed for a most excellent flavor.

Cofftea

Now that’s a preparation for sencha I haven’t heard before:)

This tea makes me nostalgic. It was the first sencha I fell in love with, in 2008….
Its a lovely sencha – nice light asamushi with a chestnut-like roasted flavor. Very unique.