Samovar Blood Orange Organic Pu-erh Tea

Earth, Orange Zest, Peat Moss
Edit tea info Last updated by CharlotteZero

1 Tasting Note View all

From Samovar Tea Lounge

Blood orange rind blended with pile-fermented pu-erh yields notes of wet-redwood and stewed-citrus. Intricately pleasurable, this brew takes you far and wide: from the forests of Yunnan to the Tarocco orange grove range in Italy.

Details
Tea Type: Pu-Erh
Caffeine Level: Medium-high
Processing Details: A blend of organic pu-erh tea from Yunnan, China, organic ginger, organic orange peel and natural essential oil of blood orange and grapefruit

Tasting and Aroma Specs: Dark, wet, redwood forest earth with a thick, stewed orange, citrus depth. Rich, smooth, and earthy.

Food Pairing: Chocolate dipped strawberries and Samovar’s Pot de Crème with Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookie

About Samovar Tea Lounge View company

1 Tasting Note

I went to Samovar Tea Lounge at Yerba Buena Gardens today with Casey. It was really a great place, but I guess I will save my review of this venue for that other part of Steepster.

Casey ordered this tea. It was really nice. I think the redwood forest description was pretty accurate, but Casey said it was a stretch, and he grew up literally in a redwood forest. The earthy/mossy flavors blended nicely with the citrus blood orange, grapefruit, and ginger flavors. The only problem with this tea that was by the end of the pot, the citrus rinds had contributed an overwhelming amount of flavor. Overall, I was really impressed. I’m not usually that fond of the puerh and citrus combination.

Flavors: Earth, Orange Zest, Peat Moss

TeaBrat

I love Samovar :)

CharlotteZero

The coconut rice pudding was awesome.