Fu Man Chu

Oolong Pu-erh Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Cavocorax

• “Well, perhaps I overleafed, but in my opinion, there was simply too much jasmine in here. I have to say that the pu'erh is an interesting touch to pair with the jasmine, but I really can't taste...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “for not focusing on sipdowns, i'm still managing to get a few in. I don't have high hopes for meeting my goal at the end of the year but every cup made is a step closer! Not to mention that i have...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4026 tasting notes
  • “I've been putting this cup off for months now - it was one I received in the Amoda tasting box! I guess the description just never appealed to me. And, I guess I wasn't missing too much. It's...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1392 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: I was a little worried about this blend ... I knew I'd like the jasmine Pouchong, but, why did they add pu-erh to the blend? My thoughts when I read the description of this tea is that...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4221 tasting notes

From SerendipiTea

Product description not available yet.

About SerendipiTea View company

Well, perhaps I overleafed, but in my opinion, there was simply too much jasmine in here. I have to say that the pu’erh is an interesting touch to pair with the jasmine, but I really can’t taste the pouchong at all, which is the flavour I was hoping would come out the most. I’ll try a bit less leaf next time to see if I can get a lighter, tastier cup.

The second infusion pretty much tasted just like a reasonable shu pu’erh, and since I wasn’t really in a pu’erh mood, I didn’t bother to resteep the leaves further, although they probably could have gone another couple infusions.

Cavocorax

Hmmm. I’m not so excited to try this one as jasmine doesn’t really excite me – maybe I’ll try it as a lighter cup like you did!

Also, this was my last Amoda box! I don’t think I’m going to renew it as I wasn’t crazy about the Organic Goddess either, but I think I was biased because of the hibiscus. :P

I haven’t reviewed it yet, but I DID have some of the Pony Goal iced and with vodka as it was suggsted, and it was tasty! My bf even liked it and so far he hasn’t liked any tea.

Kittenna

Yeah, definitely try it a bit lighter.

I think I have one more Amoda box coming due to a messup with my first one. I don’t know whether I’ll renew it again or not – it’s certainly fun to get the tea, and I’ve liked at least one from each box… but often it’s only one that I really like.

Yeah. I really like Pony Goal. Big winner for me.

I pretty much try to stay away from boxes in spring and summer. I find that I prefer them a lot more in fall and winter as the taste profiles are more to what I prefer.

Kittenna

I don’t really think that Amoda is like that though, since they aren’t sourcing absolutely fresh teas. I mean, to some extent they’re offering teas good for cooler weather, but I would have pegged Fu Man Chu as a cooler season tea, personally.

for not focusing on sipdowns, i’m still managing to get a few in. I don’t have high hopes for meeting my goal at the end of the year but every cup made is a step closer! Not to mention that i have a few days of working from home next week that will help.

Cavocorax gave me this one…i didn’t realise it had jasmine in it. I had a sip but that’s about all i could manage since the smell was overpoweringly jasmine…eau de fleur is not my most favourite. Still though, it’s one off the list of all the teas! hahaha

Cavocorax

Oh – sorry about the jasmine!

Haha it’s ok :)

I’ve been putting this cup off for months now – it was one I received in the Amoda tasting box! I guess the description just never appealed to me.

And, I guess I wasn’t missing too much. It’s an interesting tea, but not one that I’ll miss. It’s about 80% jasmine oolong (with an emphasis on jasmine) while the earthy puerh notes linger on in the background. It makes me think of two siblings clamoring for attention, while one jumps up front with arms outstretched so the smaller one can’t get by.

Yep. That’s this tea.

Backlog:

I was a little worried about this blend … I knew I’d like the jasmine Pouchong, but, why did they add pu-erh to the blend? My thoughts when I read the description of this tea is that SerendipiTea ruined a perfectly good jasmine Pouchong by adding pu-erh to it. Yeah, that’s my former dislike for pu-erh coming back to haunt me yet again.

I like pu-erh now, I like pu-erh now, I like pu-erh now!

This is really quite good. I was surprised by how well I liked it. A nicely crafted tea from SerendipiTea and I’m sorry I doubted them.

The pu-erh is more of a background note here, adding some earthiness and some mellow sweetness to the creamy notes of the pouchong and the delicate notes of the jasmine. A really unique but certainly enjoyable blend. I like this one.

Sipdown No. 88, from Sil, who got it from Cavo. Thanks girls!
There is something about this tea that I just really don’t like, at least not today. I guess it’s the Jasmine, which I do tend to enjoy, but there is a mintiness, perhaps a camphor like taste from the Puerh, or somethings, that just isn’t working for me.