Toasty Warm

Oolong Tea
Flavor, Nougat, Oolong Tea
Caramel, Honey, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by alice

• “Nom nom nom nom nom. I accept you into my wintry heart, Toasty Warm. I enjoy this on both first and second steeps, and I'm pretty glad about discovering it during my coldest week in Hobart thus far!” Read full tasting note
    memily 727 tasting notes
  • “The sun is behind cloud and I'm snugged under a blanket sipping away at this tea and sunday afternoon is perfect. This certainly isn't a sophisticated oolong but it is very comforting. ” Read full tasting note
    genushumanusalice 58 tasting notes
  • “This is very tasty. My second unusual T2 tea - my first was White White Cocoa, which is a white tea with chocolate, whereas this is an oolong with nougat. I would associate both of those things...” Read full tasting note
    marinatvs 67 tasting notes
  • “Mmm, another tasty tea from *MissB*! Thanks! I am really loving nougat-based teas lately... where have they been all my life? Oh right, Canada, apparently. This is an oolong + nougat so I am...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1994 tasting notes

From T2

For when snow is falling, the rain pelting and fire roaring. Cuddle up indoors with this toasty tea treat. A green oolong base is swathed in sublime notes of caramelly nougat and golden almonds to warm the coldest of nights.

1 teaspoon per 200mls, brew 3-6 minutes in water at 80 degrees Celsius.

About T2 View company

Nom nom nom nom nom. I accept you into my wintry heart, Toasty Warm. I enjoy this on both first and second steeps, and I’m pretty glad about discovering it during my coldest week in Hobart thus far!

The sun is behind cloud and I’m snugged under a blanket sipping away at this tea and sunday afternoon is perfect. This certainly isn’t a sophisticated oolong but it is very comforting.

Flavors: Caramel, Honey, Nuts

Memily

Hey stranger! Yeah this would have been perfect today. I think the whole country was a bit chilly!

This is very tasty. My second unusual T2 tea – my first was White White Cocoa, which is a white tea with chocolate, whereas this is an oolong with nougat. I would associate both of those things with black tea, and probably drink them with sugar and probably a bit of milk. I never add either to whites or oolongs, so it makes for a much more gently sweet flavour, with no fear of bitterness. This one is very very tasty. Like White White Cocoa, it’s desserty but in a more subtle, softer way. I thoroughly approve.

1994 tasting notes

Mmm, another tasty tea from MissB! Thanks! I am really loving nougat-based teas lately… where have they been all my life? Oh right, Canada, apparently. This is an oolong + nougat so I am definitely interested.

I am basically comparing this to Divine Temptation from Bayswater Tea Co., which OMGsrsly sent to me once, and which has a black base. This is quite tasty, with a good amount of nougat flavor. My one wish for this one is that for more oolong! This seems like the base is probably a traditional tieguanyin, but it’s a little lackluster. I want more roastiness and breadiness. A higher quality oolong base would send this one over the edge. Maybe I should try it steeping at boiling, which has become my default temp for most oolongs; the steeping instructions called for 80°C (~175°F), but I wouldn’t dream of steeping an oolong that cool! They are more robust than people think.

So this is a very tasty tea, but I do prefer the black base of Divine Temptation because I think it’s a bit more interesting. Will play with my steeping parameters a bit and see how things change! Thanks MissB!

thank you missB! this is another delight that was sent my way. This is a tasty sugar, nougatty tea. I think i’d prefer this as a black base tea but on the whole it’s a delicious tasting tea that was really nice with dinner + fringe.

Oh man..also…i had the best lemon bluberry cake today with our lunch out…i’m still dreaming about it..lemon custard thingy on top…blueberry layers…fluffy white cake..meringue on the top sorta…soooooo good.

Final Count: 156 (at least 6 teas in tomorrow’s sipdown!)