Warm Apple Pie

Black White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by steapshoppe

From sTEAp Shoppe

Warm Apple Pie is the experience of biting into that wonderful pie with the cinnamon and apples baked together wrapped in a flaky crust, without the guilt. Loose leaf Bai Mudan white tea & Assam flowery Orange Pekoe Black tea combined with Naturally Dried Apples and Organic Maple syrup crystals giving that rich apple pie taste. Local fresh pressed apple cider is infused in the dried apples to enhance the apple experience in this tea.
Bai Mudan White Tea, Assam Flowery Black Tea, Naturally Dried Apple, Fresh pressed Apple Cider, Organic Maple Syrup Crystals, Cinnamon, Allspice
Naturally Caffeinated

About sTEAp Shoppe View company

Another sTEAp Shoppe sipdown. (152) I think I’m going to be placing an H&S order tomorrow as my coworker is hooked (she bought a timolino after seeing mine, and now she grabs some H&S tea from my cupboard every day – I’m thrilled!). So anyway, it’d be nice if I could get to 150 before I place the order. Also, I’d like to get down to 140 or 135 before it arrives! Bwa hahah.

So on to this tea. I feel bad for sTEAp Shoppe – maybe I shouldn’t have had the Cinnamon Swirl Bread tea first as that one is SO GOOD. And even though this apple pie is good, it’s just not AS GOOD as that one. It was warm and apply-cinnamony, but not something I’d need to resteep.

Would you be willing to add me on a tin of Bangkok Blend? I can’t justify the $15 shipping for 1 tea.

I could, but I think the shipping to you from BC would be just as hefty? Well maybe it’d be a bit cheaper. :) I’m thinking of placing it tomorrow though, so let me know if you think that would still be worth it – otherwise I thought Sil was considering an order, and she’s closer to you. :)

Terri HarpLady

I wish I had people here in St. Louis to share orders with!!!

I have some Cinnamon Swirl Bread tea coming from Sil. Excited.

heather – i DID get that into that package for you right?

Nope, you missed that one, actually. :(

Next time maybe?

oh course..sorry i missed it :( although you can probably pry some out of cavo’s hands as well for a faster turn around haha

It might have to go through me and CrowKettle first though… :D

Which one were you looking for?

Cinnamon Swirl Bread

Ok, I’m sure I can do that. I’ll have to look when I get back on Wednesday!

sipdown on this one! I’m going to have to agree with tastybrew on this one. While it’s a nice enough tea and it DOES taste like apple pie…it’s just a little muted. The flavour doesn’t POP but it is true to it’s name. the rest of this is off to a couple pieces houses so YAY for that!

there are all kinds of apple pies. the kind you buy at walmart, the kind you get at a restaurant with a crumble topping, the kind you buy in a fancy bakery that’s teeny and costs more than a month of groceries… this blend actually reminds me of a tarte tatin that i make: light and fresh, a strong apple flavour, a light caramel.

however, that’s where the comparison ends. i think this tea has significant potential. it’s ALMOST there. i don’t get as much of a commitment from the spices as i’d like. the ingredient list says there’s allspice in there, but it’s a very hesitant component.

nitty gritty: do i like this tea? sortof. i really like what it could become. the apple component is strong and light. granny smith in its brightness. there is an element of caramel. so the pie filling is there… the spices could be stronger which would, in my opinion, improve the blend.

flip side: i don’t get any elements of pastry, and i do get an odd mottled element that i’m having a hard time identifying which i feel challenges the accomplishments of the blend. i really do think this tea could be brilliant, it just needs a bit more work.

A sample from my dear tea sister Sil. Not bad, & I admit, it was kind of nice with breakfast, kind of like having an apple pastry of some kind along side my eggs & stuff, but probably not something I’d keep on hand.
Thanks for the opportunity to try it though, Sil!

i’m watching you lady…

Sad to say that everyone seems right so far. This is a very mild and muted tea. It’s a shame really, since I had high hopes for it.

I didn’t have high hopes for this tea as I don’t tend to love apple teas, but the description sounded pretty tasty and i’m a sample junky so I added this to my cart. It’s an okay tea. I wish it was more of something though. It kind of tastes like watered down apple cider. Not bad by any means, but just no real oomph of any kind. I wish there was cinnamon or a richer apple or something to really make this into a pie flavor. I’ll drink the rest of my cup and sample bag for sure, but not re-order.

So I love apples, I’ll admit it… not only do I love apples, I love nearly anything maple. Of course, these are two things that I rarely have, due to the amount of sugar in both. I had high hopes for this tea due to the description and the ingredients: apples and maple sugar?? Sure, this tea contains some sugar, but not nearly enough to do any damage as drinking apple cider or using real maple syrup would.

Unfortunately I don’t feel this tea lives up to my expectations, though they may have been a little high. The tea in itself is on the weaker side. I taste apple, but no maple. Additionally I don’t taste any richness. I’m glad I purchased a sample to satisfy my curiosity, but I won’t be purchasing a full amount.

I received a sample of this from Allie in our mystery swap. Thank you for sharing!

This was a sweet apple tea. I have had quite a few apple flavored teas recently, but most have been spiced with stronger cinnamon. This was mostly apple with a hint of spice. It looks like this is a green tea base, but I didn’t get much of the tea base out of it. This was a nice cup. Thank you!