Aracha Deep Steamed Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Victoria

From Takaokaya

Product Details
Whole Green Tea – Select / 7.0 oz (200 g) Aracha is a whole, unsorted green tea that has been steamed, dried and packaged without going through the sorting process. Aracha has a stronger, more complex taste, since it contains whole parts of green tea – larger leaves, smaller leaves, twigs and powder.

Merchant SKU: 61166
Loose Whole Green Tea – Select
7.0 oz (200 g)
Brewing Information (One serving) = Water Temp: 175 degrees F, Amount of Water: 2.5 fl. oz, Amount of Tea: 1 teaspoon, Steeping Time: 30sec. – 1min.

About Takaokaya View company

1. from Artp’s Traveling Teabox

I looked at this tea and I was very curious so I gave it a try. I do not have a great deal of experience with japanese teas so it seemed worthy of a tasting. This one is not for me! Very vegetal with strong flavors of green beans and peas combined and that is just fine; however, the tea liquor is very, very cloudy and the taste is quite bitter.

Not sure why I love plain green tea so much but glad I do. This one is quite grassy. Very reminiscent of the teas we had while in Japan. Still below Genmaicha in my opinion but for a straight up green tea it’s well balanced.

1 min, 30 sec 1 tsp
Stephanie

I get it…greens are satisfying in a particular way!

Tea #5 from Considering a new TTB
This is my first time trying Aracha; it’s certainly a strong green tea and one that isn’t really to my tastes. Even with a short steeping time it was a very bitter tea with a strong vegetal flavor. I can normally deal with one or the other, but the combination of the two meant I had trouble finishing my cup.

all i can say is NOM. glad i bought a ton of this delectable delight!

sherapop

Sorry, but what does “NOM” mean? Thanks (sherapop writes sheepishly…)

Cavocorax

Nom is internet-speak for ‘yum.I’m gobbling this up’.
Related to ‘om nom nom’.

92 Rating: Awsome, really Green. Makes a good complex brew that lasts in the palate. Love this tea

Dry leaf; A complex grassy aroma. Color of leaf and stem is a beautiful grassy green.

1st Brew: 2 teaspoons tea leaf for 5 oz of water at 175, steeping 1-2 minutes. I love the complexity and depth of this tea. The brew is a beautiful green color. This tea comes in a Select & Premium version. I really look forward to trying the Premium next.

60 Rating: New Package Update, 2/8/2013
Wow, this tea is all of a sudden very bitter! What a let down, as this was a nice tea in the last package. Seems to have inconsistencies between batches.