China Rose Petal Leaf Tea

Flowers, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by Charise
Boiling 4 min, 45 sec 1500 oz / 44360 ml

From Taylors of Harrogate

Surely this is one of the loveliest teas. China Congou black leaf tea is layered with pink rose petals to give a mellow, sweet-tasting tea with a wonderfully perfumed aroma. An elegant tea to serve with cakes and pastries in the afternoon.

Use a warmed teapot and add one teaspoon of tea per person. Add freshly boiled water and infuse for 2-3 minutes. Serve without milk.

About Taylors of Harrogate View company

One of my friends sent me this as a Christmas present. It’s her favorite tea and she wanted me to try it. I had some last night as an after dinner tea.

Dry, this tea is overwhelmingly floral. Like, old lady perfume floral. I really don’t like the smell as it’s too close to potpurri for me. Steeped, some of the floral smell lingers, though it’s not as pronounced or off-putting as the dry leaf.

Based on smell alone, I was expecting to really dislike this one. Unfortunate, too, because I have four ounces of it. I took a cautious sip … and it’s good. Really good. The floral softens the black tea and makes it almost-sweet. It’s very smooth and pleasant to drink. I think I might make this my new breakfast tea …

Fragrant with roses. A lovely afternoon tea.

205 °F / 96 °C

This tea is simply gorgeous.

Flavors: Flowers, Honey