Golden Dragon Aged

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Teas Etc

Just in; one very unique Taiwanese Oolong Golden Dragon Aged Oolong Tea!

Grown in the Long-Tou Mountains of Taiwan with altitudes up too 1900 meters this semi oxidized oolong has large twigs and leaves and goes through a second oxidiation.

This rare aged Taiwanese oolong has subtle tones of golden raisins.

Golden Dragon Aged Tea Type: Oolong Tea

Ingredients: Aged Taiwanese oolong

Origin of Golden Dragon Aged : Taiwan

About Teas Etc View company

Direct trade quality loose leaf tea for more than a decade. World Tea Championship winners in 2008 & 2009. USDA Certified Organic. Based in US with buying office in China.

Just opened the package for this tea and it went straight into my teapot! After about 4 minutes steep time it was at a lovely honey color and smelled gorgeous. At first sip I didn’t taste too much. It was very light. After a few more sips though the golden raisin absolutely came out. I first tasted notes of honey, then it reminded me of molasses, which then led to raisins! Still enjoying it as I type this, but I can already tell how lovely this tea is! I might steep it just a little longer next time or add a couple of extra leaves for a slightly stronger taste.

Can’t wait for the next cup!

Cofftea

I think this should be prepared in a yixing pot w/ a dragon sitting in a rocking chair on top.:)

Katie Alberry

Sounds perfect to me!

Cofftea

I totally pictured an old granny dragon when I saw “dragon aged”=P

Katie Alberry

Reading glasses and all. :)

Cofftea

And white hair tied up in a bun!

I love this tea. They say it tastes like golden raisins, which it may, but since raisins are my arch-nemeses I say it tastes like dried fig. In any case, it is a delicious, fruity, sweet oolong that everyone should try.

Did an online tea tasting for this tea. View & add your comments at http://walkerteareview.com/?p=2370