White Peony

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Lisa (harmony_bites)

From TeaSource

A white tea with more body than most and a sweet fresh earthiness to it. A tremendous value and a great introduction to white teas.

About TeaSource View company

A friend hooked me on fine loose-leaf tea when she gifted me with a variety of teas, mostly black, a few months ago. Among the teas was a White Tea Sampler pack from Adagio. To me the Jasmine Silver Needle tasted like perfume, and the plain Silver Needle and Snowbud tasted like nothing much at all. But I very much liked White Symphony which had a “buttery” complex taste, crisp but lovely and full bodied, sweeter and less delicate and more flavorful than Silver Needle. So I kept back one serving for comparison and then ordered White Peony from TeaSource. I found they were very, very close in taste—almost indistinguishable, and I really loved this tea. I think the Adagio has a slight edge, and I think they’re so close I wouldn’t want to keep both on hand. I’m going to try TeaSource’s Silver Peony when I run out of this one in my search for my “go to” white tea. I suspect it might be the equivalent of Adagio’s White Symphony. Meanwhile drinking this one is certainly no hardship. Very, very enjoyable.

One of my favorite kinds of tea.

Haven’t drunk this in a while, but I remember it being a nice, simple white tea.