Wild Blueberry

Black Fruit Blend
Astringent, Blueberry, Jam, Malt, Vanilla, Wood
Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Catherine

• “-Round natural unbleached teabag. -Teabag smells of sweet blueberries. Tea liquor aroma is more faint. -Tea liquor is a dark reddish brown. -Malty flavor with a slight blueberry finish. -Best...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes
  • “When I opened the tin the smell was a wave of blueberry - not quite fresh blueberry, but more of a blueberry sauce. The taste, however, is a bit of a dispointment to me. It's sort of a generic...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1572 tasting notes
  • “I had a cup of tea because it was quite cold out and I needed something warm to carry with me to class. I'd wanted to try this flavor from Republic of Tea and was happy that it was available at a...” Read full tasting note
    QueenOfTarts 513 tasting notes
  • “Backlogging... I tend to forget about this one because I hear "blueberry" and think HERBAL (and I don't like herbal teas). I always forget that this blend is a black tea! So I dug it out again...” Read full tasting note
    alannahrose 433 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

A Harmonious blend, sweet with the lushness of blueberries and counterbalanced with rich, malty notes of fine black tea. The USDA has found that blueberries help promote anti-aging and disease prevention.

The Republic of Tea Fair Trade Certified Tea provides an additional pro-active premium paid directly to tea estate workers in addition to the fair wage paid to them in the garden. This premium is used in ways workers themselves deem beneficial, improving their opportunities to better housing, healthcare and education.

About The Republic of Tea View company

-Round natural unbleached teabag.
-Teabag smells of sweet blueberries. Tea liquor aroma is more faint.
-Tea liquor is a dark reddish brown.
-Malty flavor with a slight blueberry finish.
-Best with milk and sweetener.
-Very good tea. Almost bitter unsweetened, but perfectly juicy with milk and sweetener.

When I opened the tin the smell was a wave of blueberry – not quite fresh blueberry, but more of a blueberry sauce. The taste, however, is a bit of a dispointment to me. It’s sort of a generic tart, berry taste, not at all sweet or distinctive.

I had a cup of tea because it was quite cold out and I needed something warm to carry with me to class. I’d wanted to try this flavor from Republic of Tea and was happy that it was available at a local cafe. It had a great blueberry scent and a sweet blueberry taste. I also like that the black tea wasn’t too strong. It’s interesting, but as I’m tasting more and more of Republic of Tea’s fruity blends, they all seem to have the same flavor element. No matter if it’s a green or black.. and I’m not sure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing. Anyway, this cup was smooth and pleasant to have in class.

Backlogging… I tend to forget about this one because I hear “blueberry” and think HERBAL (and I don’t like herbal teas). I always forget that this blend is a black tea! So I dug it out again the other day and had some, and was pleasantly surprised by how slightly-better-than-okay it is. I don’t love it but it’s not terribly disappointing either, just a fairly good slightly fruity black tea.

I’ve only tried a couple Republic of Tea teas before (samples), and I haven’t been too impressed. They seem to lack flavor. This one is interesting – it pairs a black tea with blueberry. I usually only see blueberry in a herbal tea. Maybe like other Republics, the blueberry flavor is lacking or maybe it is overpowered by the black tea. But I’ve hardly met a black tea I haven’t liked, so I like this one. If it had been a herbal tea, I suppose the flavor would have been weaker, but as it is a black tea with blueberry, it is better.

A coworker of mine absolutely hated this tea and seemed delighted to pawn it off on the rest of us. By rest of us, I pretty much mean me as I tore through it in the span of a couple weeks. It’s not as sweet as a lot of the other blueberry teas, but has a wonderful aroma. Sweetened almond milk compliments it well. This is one of my favorite RoT’s, though it’s among my first so I’m sure at least some of it is sentimental.

This is one of my favorite berry/black teas. It really is a rich treat and since it is a limited edition, I will have to make it last.

Just finished my last bit of this tea :-( Need to obtain more. It is quite good.

A special tea for me – I would have a cup with every breakfast on the lake when we would go on our yearly trip to Maine. No longer available, such a shame.

I bought this tea on a whim while I was at a local healthy grocery store. My boyfriend and I had to go to the DMV so I could register my car in NY and the DMV is in the mall (?!). The aforementioned grocery store is also in the mall (?!) so I stopped in to have a look at their tea selection as we were leaving. I don’t have any experience with Republic of Tea but I love blueberry and I recently finished the other blueberry tea I’d had. Blueberry and black tea is my favorite combination, as herbal blends are usually super tart and rooibos blends don’t have enough body. So I picked out this one to try! I opened the tin in the car and the smell was very encouragingly blueberry. :D

The instructions note that one teabag is intended for 6 ounces of water. Umm…what? Does that seem odd to anyone else? So I ended up using two bags and brewing a larger cup than I generally do. The tin recommends 3-5 minutes so I decided to try 3 first. I added a bit of sugar, as I generally do for flavored teas.

This tea is pretty good! The blueberry and the tea are roughly equal in strength, both are tasted at all times. I’m unsure what kind of tea the base is, the tin makes no mention of it and their website lists several countries for “Country of Origin”. India is one of them, and seems the most likely of the bunch. Anyway! The base itself is somewhat malty and there’s a pleasant, mild woody quality to it. The blueberry is somewhat of a “jammy” variety – deep and rich rather than tart and juicy. And I like it very much! There’s a bit of creaminess in here that reminds me of vanilla, although it’s not listed as a flavor. The one complaint I have about this is that when I was drinking it straight, I found it quite astringent. I added some milk (which I never do) and it really helped to tone that down. So this one is definitely best enjoyed with milk and sugar from what I can tell!

I will definitely try it with some other parameters to see if I can somehow eliminate that astringency. Luckily I have many bags to experiment with! Overall, this is a lovely and convenient blueberry black tea!

Flavors: Astringent, Blueberry, Jam, Malt, Vanilla, Wood

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML
Mikumofu

The proportions are a little weird…everyone I know who drinks Republic of Tea teas ends up using multiple bags per serving too. I think the bag itself being smaller/flatter is the cause?

Cameron B.

It’s very weird! :P Although I think a lot of people probably make 12 ounce or larger cups of tea anyway. I just usually do 8 ounces.