Asian Jasmine White Tea

White Tea
Flowers, Jasmine, Perfume
Edit tea info Last updated by DragonWell

• “This was such a lovely experience. Jasmine is such a specific flavor and fragrance. It works nicely with the white tea. While steeping, the smell of jasmine is nice and not overpowering. The...” Read full tasting note
    brianfuchs 10 tasting notes
  • “It tastes mostly of jasmine...at least, I'm pretty sure what that flowery smell and taste were. It is good, especially for bagged tea. White tea, in my experience, doesn't usually have a very...” Read full tasting note
    Shinobi_cha 280 tasting notes
  • “This is so far my preferred jasmine tea variety. I do make sure to steep it quick or I find the bitterness goes up sharply. It has just the right mix of tea to the floral of the jasmine for me to...” Read full tasting note
    sere 12 tasting notes
  • “Jasmine is always a good way to start the day. ^^ I didn't expect this to be anything amazing, but I was a bit surprised of how light the jasmine was in this tea. It tasted kinda perfume-y, maybe...” Read full tasting note
    Ostdalost 108 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Heaven Scent. Forming a perfect union, fragrant jasmine is married with tender White Tea buds, imparting a heavenly aroma for an exalting cup.

Not all White Teas are created equal! The Republic of Tea has procured this season’s harvest to offer 100% White Tea in our signature round, unbleached tea bags. No other variety of tea or leaves are included. Once reserved for the cups of emperors and nobility we are honored to offer you this pure, delicate brew with its subtle, sweet, lingering finish. Serve warm or over ice.

About The Republic of Tea View company

This was such a lovely experience. Jasmine is such a specific flavor and fragrance. It works nicely with the white tea. While steeping, the smell of jasmine is nice and not overpowering. The jasmine isn’t as strong when you first taste it, but the flavor lingers giving a lovely aftertaste that is floral and familiar. This would make an excellent evening tea with a good book and some nice sitar music playing in the background.

DragonWell

Glad you liked it, man. I agree that the jasmine aftertaste is pleasant.

It tastes mostly of jasmine…at least, I’m pretty sure what that flowery smell and taste were. It is good, especially for bagged tea. White tea, in my experience, doesn’t usually have a very strong flavor, and I think the addition of jasmine was a pretty good idea.
When you open the canister, it does smell very nice…that was probably my favorite part of this tea, though the flavor was very good, relaxing too.

This is so far my preferred jasmine tea variety. I do make sure to steep it quick or I find the bitterness goes up sharply. It has just the right mix of tea to the floral of the jasmine for me to enjoy both.

Jasmine is always a good way to start the day. ^^ I didn’t expect this to be anything amazing, but I was a bit surprised of how light the jasmine was in this tea. It tasted kinda perfume-y, maybe kinda flowery even. But barely smelled.
It was just a nice, delicate tea to start my Saturday. (:
Thanks, darby, for the samples!

Flavors: Flowers, Jasmine, Perfume

sherapop

Cool that “perfume” is now an available tasting note! ;-)

I was rather disappointed with this tea.
The jasmine flavor is difficult to detect when hot, but it gets better as the tea cools. Otherwise, it simply tastes like hot water.
However, the high quality of tea leaves does come through, as well as yield a pleasant jasmine flavor, weak as it is. Yet most drinkers wouldn’t normally look for a high-grade leaf taste, but rather overall presence. Because Republic of Tea suggests steeping for only 30-60 seconds, the flavor ends up rather weak and seemingly under-steeped.
If you’re really looking for SUBTLE flavor, this might do the job. The mouthfeel and lingering flavor afterward is nice, with no sensation of tannin.