Mango Sencha

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tina S.

From The Tea Haus

Tropical blend of Sencha green tea and natural mango flavour. Sencha is the most commonly produced tea in Japan. It accounts for approx. 75% of the green tea production in Japan. This tea makes a light green infusion. It has a nice full body for a green tea, with a hint of sweetness and fruitiness from the mango.

About The Tea Haus View company

Thanks to Tina S. and her cute little box of surprises for this! It was the first one I reached for, and I made a big pot to keep me company as I assembled a monster-pot of chili. I’ve been on a tropical sencha kick lately (a lot of Tealish’s Get Fresh), so it suited me well.

It’s quite nice! Mango and strawberry are forever in competition for the title of my favourite fruit, but I want mango to be done right in tea. I think this one captures it well. It’s not overwhelmingly sweet; the mango kind of follows the sencha here. The vegetal aspects of the sencha are still there, and it’s quite a refreshing combo. Earthy but juicy-fruity!

How have I never reviewed this one? This was one of my favourite teas almost from the beginning, and was possibly my first green. The mango flavour here is true to the fruit, unlike some that add pineapple or other random citrus flavours. And even better, the tea and the fruit flavours combine into a lovely cup. This is the tea that taught me to appreciate a good sencha, and a more delicate cup to a black or herbal.