Green Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Tor Marie

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I bought this a few weeks ago, the same time as their strawberry green tea. I usually shy away from flavoured teas, but as soon as I smelt this I wanted it. It's a buttery marzipan kind of almond -...” Read full tasting note
    tor 12 tasting notes

From The Tea House - Covent Garden

Green tea, green mate, coconut shreds, rose petals, cornflower blossoms and flavouring. Brew for 2-3 minutes at 75-80℃.

About The Tea House - Covent Garden View company

1 Tasting Note

I bought this a few weeks ago, the same time as their strawberry green tea. I usually shy away from flavoured teas, but as soon as I smelt this I wanted it. It’s a buttery marzipan kind of almond – kransekage and frangipane, more than almond butter or Battenberg. Compared to the marzipan black tea, the almond seems more prominent – but I tend to prefer lighter teas anyway.

The loose leaf is beautiful – green tea strands, mate pieces like glitter, red rose petals, cornflowers (my favourite). Emeralds with garnets and sapphires – the kind of tea that demands a pot, not a tea filter or a simple mug. Two for me, one for the pot. Water straight off the boil, and brewed for three minutes.

The brewed tea is a golden-green and smells beautiful, though it tastes a little disappointing. Imagine a nice, soft, rounded green tea with a drop of almond essence – it’s nice, it’s tasty, but it’s an anticlimax after that amazing aroma. I will say this is a really nicely blended tea, though – it’s very smooth, with that earthy mate lingering in the background and a toasted coconut note that weaves its way through the green tea and almond. Very pretty and drinkable.