Organic Ginger Aid

Blackberry Leaves, Ginger, Lemon Myrtle, Stevia Leaf
Ginger, Herbs, Lemon
Tea Bag
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by nonygray

• “This is in a holiday themed box and called “Holly Jolly Ginger Aid”, but it’s the same thing, as far as I can tell.” Read full tasting note
    janefan 2978 tasting notes
  • “Tangy with a hint of sweetness. This has a very strong ginger flavor, which is great right now because I have a cold, but might be overwhelming if my sense of smell were working properly. I think...” Read full tasting note
    Kaylee 566 tasting notes
  • “I love ginger. I love ginger tea. I love this ginger tea. My one gripe: They put stevia in there, but not nearly enough. I’ve been a fan of ginger/stevia combo for a long time, but I usually...” Read full tasting note
    composertp 9 tasting notes
  • “I wasn’t planning on buying any tea for a while, but I saw this one marked down to $0.79. It was the Holly Jolly holiday version, but even so, seventy-nine cents??? I mean, how could I pass...” Read full tasting note
    maddyb 287 tasting notes

From Traditional Medicinals

Organic Ginger Aid® promotes the flow of digestive juices and increases tone in the muscular walls of the stomach,* a normal process that keeps the digestive system ready to function. Ginger tea is traditionally used for indigestion and clinical data supports its use for the prevention of nausea and vomiting.* There’s lots of pungent, spicy ginger in Organic Ginger Aid®. It’s also sweet, with a twist of lemon (lemon myrtle, that is).

Ingredients:
- Organic ginger rhizome
- Organic blackberry leaf
- Organic stevia leaf
- Organic lemon myrtle leaf

About Traditional Medicinals View company

Tangy with a hint of sweetness. This has a very strong ginger flavor, which is great right now because I have a cold, but might be overwhelming if my sense of smell were working properly. I think this is great for colds and probably stomach issues, but I don’t know that I would drink it as an everyday tea.

I used 1 teabag in a 16 oz mug, steeped for about 5 minutes.

Lindsey

I find this one works great when when I have an upset stomach!

I love ginger. I love ginger tea. I love this ginger tea.

My one gripe: They put stevia in there, but not nearly enough. I’ve been a fan of ginger/stevia combo for a long time, but I usually do it with loose-leaf. I was glad to see that they had added stevia to this tea. But sadly, it isn’t sweet. It just tastes like plain ginger tea.

Still, it’s a great ginger tea. I like to use it as an aid for digestion.

1 bag in my 32-oz teapot works fine. I give it a long steep. 10 minutes or so.

8 min or more

I wasn’t planning on buying any tea for a while, but I saw this one marked down to $0.79. It was the Holly Jolly holiday version, but even so, seventy-nine cents??? I mean, how could I pass it up? Besides, I’ve been wanting a ginger tea for my tummy which seems to be frequently unhappy.

My first surprise was that the steeping time was 10 to 15 minutes. That seemed terribly long to me. I let it steep 11 minutes, which seemed to be about right. I can’t smell it, and I don’t get a lot of flavor, really, but I could feel the burn of the ginger. I don’t think I’ll drink this one for pure enjoyment, but it will be nice to have for those evenings when I’ve over eaten.

Boiling 8 min or more

This tea is soothing with a bit of a pinch. It has a sharp Ginger taste that combines nicely with the lemon grass aspect. I made this tea at just under boiling and steeped for 15 minutes. I would suggest steeping for flavor, adjusting the time for the strength.

Flavors: Ginger, Herbs, Lemon

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

My stomach is bothering me today, so I decided to try this. I don’t know if the bag I have is old, but this didn’t really have much punch, even when steeping for the full recommended 10 minutes. Meh.

I had been suffering for the past 5 days with a stomach ache, so I thought I’d get herbal and try this one. I have tried ginger as an addition to a tea, but never the main flavor. This was intense! It is very sweet and herbaceous. I always buy those little ginger sweets at the Asian markets, and that is exactly what this reminded me of. It probably will not be for everyone due to the simple fact that it is intense, but I really enjoy it. It also is very good with lemon.

I really only tasted the ginger and (I think) stevia. It’s very a overpowering flavor, but worked well to settle my stomach. I usual brew herbal teas for 5 min when I want to receive the full medicinal benefits, but this became very dark and I decided to only brew 2-1/2 or 3. Good for achy bellies, but not all that tasty.

Nice ’n gingery, and really delivers on its stomach easing promises.

a good evening tea to relax with after a hearty meal! the ginger also serves well when your sinuses aren’t feeling up to par.