Voyage: Brazilian Baia

Edit tea info Last updated by Wanderlustlover

• “The last of the three varieties of Twinings "Voyage" in my hotel room. Excited to try it because all I can tell from the single serving pouch is that it has coconut in it. I can smell it from the...” Read full tasting note
    AdhamL 237 tasting notes
  • “yes i'm feeling all guns being pointed at me right now! yes i'm drinking a bagged tea for a change because i'm in a need for time! Anyway enough with the fun stuff time for a quick...” Read full tasting note
    darky 110 tasting notes
  • “I purchased the Voyage box today, as I ran out of breakfast-type black tea. I put 2 tbsp of fat-free milk and a few drops of sweetener in it, and it tasted very good! I could actually taste the...” Read full tasting note
    embernat 31 tasting notes
  • “Smells (nicely) like a coconut biscuit, a hint of vanilla and maybe some choco chips. But coconut mostly. As for the taste, almost none, both tea and coconut are barely present. Quite...” Read full tasting note
    Xitine 12 tasting notes

From Twinings

Direct From England – A smooth and subtle tea flavoured with Vanilla, Coconut and cocoa beans to create an indulgent blend, reminiscent of the exotic atmosphere of Brazil.

About Twinings View company

The last of the three varieties of Twinings “Voyage” in my hotel room. Excited to try it because all I can tell from the single serving pouch is that it has coconut in it. I can smell it from the bag, though none too strongly.

I have to admit to being disappointed in this one. The coconut is too mild and just plain flat tasting, and the black tea is rather harsh. Here on Steepster I can read a fuller description of the tea than is printed on the package and see that it is also supposed to feature vanilla and cocoa…as if! Didn’t get that at all.

When there’s Tea Frog’s Coconut White tea in the world, I won’t waste time messing about with this one.

yes i’m feeling all guns being pointed at me right now! yes i’m drinking a bagged tea for a change because i’m in a need for time!

Anyway enough with the fun stuff time for a quick review:

I’ve been drinking this bagged for a pretty long time now, because i’m actually liking the quality and thats a strange thing for a bagged tea. Maybe because this isn’t really a tea in the real sense off the word. Liking the coconut, cocoa taste in this one and thats a bit all i have to say! Easy to make quick to drink, don’t get bitter fast like most other bagged stuff…

I purchased the Voyage box today, as I ran out of breakfast-type black tea. I put 2 tbsp of fat-free milk and a few drops of sweetener in it, and it tasted very good! I could actually taste the coconut, something that would have been a problem if I hadn’t added milk, from what other people are saying. I’ll definitely finish the 5 packets in the box, but I probably won’t buy any more, unless it’s on sale.

I tried it again with no milk, and it does taste pretty bad that way. It has a sharp bitterness and no coconut taste.

Avelevion

If you dont mind me asking, where did you purchase this tea from. I definitely need a few boxes of it, and I cant find it anywhere online…

Liz

I bought it in a sampler box with other Voyage teas in a large grocery store in Helsinki. I think they have boxes of only the Brazilian Baia but I’m not 100% sure.

As for the taste, almost none, both tea and coconut are barely present. Quite disappointing. Milk and sugar next time to save the game?

Found this tea horrible. The scent is filled with coconut, but the taste… ew. Very synthetic. Stay away.

I’m very inbetween on this one. It smell deleteriously of coconut, but I don’t get a whole lot of flavor out of it. I can taste the vanilla, but I only get a hint of the coconut or cocoa everty once in a while.

I loved this with some milk and splenda omg its delicious!!!

Smells like coconut and vanilla. Let me say this, I don’t like vanilla, and coconut is very exotic for me. I’m very curious what is tastes like, but don’t have high expectations.

Bitterness jumps first, this may require very short steep time. I’m disappointed, too sweet and bitter.

Great smell but the tea is too strong, and there’s virtually no coconut flavour at all. Needs to be sweetened.