Samovar OP-A Blend (ZB28)

Ceylon Black Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Rumpus Parable

From Upton Tea Imports

We created this selection specifically for use in Samovars but it also works exceptionally well in traditional teapots. The tea has a dark cup, well-balanced character, and can be infused for a long period without becoming bitter. The flavor is of a classic medium-grown Ceylon with a smooth profile and hints of ripe apple.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

Full review on on March 24th but here are the snipptis:

My immediate reaction is that the aroma was far more inciting them the flavor, at first I thought it rather bland, but as soon as that thought had left my mind I got those intensely sweet honeyed notes and a lovely blanket of malty goodness on my tongue

I am not normally a big fan of Ceylon teas but this one has some elements that remind me of Darjeeling, and I like that a lot!

This is one of the smoothes teas with absolutely not one bit of astringency or bitterness I have ever had!

2nd Review of Samovar OP-A Blend (Ceylon Tea) by Upton Tea Imports

As I continue to sample teas by adding milk and sugar to them. I wanted to try this as well with this Samovar OP-A Blend.

I cooked the remainder of the leaves in my small tea pan and left to boil/cook for a good five minutes. And yes the lovely reddish brown is bubbling over and smells wonderfully raw of leaves…wet leaves

I scoop out the leaves and let the tea sit for few minutes while I prepare my teacup. I poured some of the evaporated/condensed milk into my teacup and add one teaspoon of sugar and mixed the contents. I then poured some of the tea into my cup and gently stirring it so the mixture is even with cream and sugar.

I take my fist sip and tea is very warm and creamy; sweet like liquor so I add a bit more of the tea from the pan and stir this also. Now I can enjoy the tea as I am meant to.

What I have done is to take this classic Samovar OP-A Blend and cook it; then adding condensed milk with raw cane sugar to the cup of tea making for a golden creamy texture of a Ceylon cup of tea. It is hot and sweet and the golden glow in the cup makes it all the more worthwhile.

I am happy that I am able to enjoy another great tea bought from Upton Tea Imports. Thank you for making such fine teas.

I have been eyeing this one for quite a while. You make this tea sound more than worth the money, time & effort.

This smells like an apple-Y wood!
It tastes more apply than woodsy which I really like! The more I drink this the more I really like it! It has a nice texture and a crisp and clean taste.

Yeah! This is a goody!

A really pleasant Ceylon. Medium bodied with sweet fruit notes, reminiscent of a sweet, crisp apple. Low astringency level. Very smooth, even-tempered, and enjoyable. Pretty much what one might expect from a Ceylon. A really pleasant tea.

Very good iced.