basmatia estate assam TGFOP1

Edit tea info Last updated by excyclist

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I've been trying to find my pefect Assam, and this came as one of several samples that I'm trying over the last few and next several weeks. I couldn't find any malty or toasty notes in this...” Read full tasting note
    excyclist 8 tasting notes

From Upton Tea Imports

This selection is notable for its smooth quality and robust cup, accented with a pleasant, light toasty note. The rich, dark liquor lends itself to the addition of milk.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

1 Tasting Note

I’ve been trying to find my pefect Assam, and this came as one of several samples that I’m trying over the last few and next several weeks.

I couldn’t find any malty or toasty notes in this tea-the dominating flavor and aroma was of tomato. That’s right. Tomato. I don’t know what happened to this in the chest as it came over from Assam- or what it was stored next to, but it was really wretched. Drinking it I thought I was going out of my mind. V8 juice? Really? Really.

Just to be sure, I asked several people to take a whiff. Do you smell tomato? Yes! Every one said the same thing. Sorry Upton, this one was a total bust. If I want tomato in the morning, I won’t look for it in my tea. Not my cup, that’s for sure.