2016 B_ D_

Pu-erh Tea
Pu Erh Tea
Astringent, Bitter, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by AllanK

• “This little cake is bitttttttter and dry! Underleaf it a bit and flash steep it for awhile. It is a complex tea – wet stones, vegetal, leafy with a heavy pudding texture and big aftertaste...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1226 tasting notes
  • “This small 50g cake was last months offering from the White2Tea club. While it is a nice tea I don’t think it by itself was worth the $29.99 for the club. The tea started out with just a...” Read full tasting note
    AllanK 1507 tasting notes

From White2Tea

Product description not available yet.

About White2Tea View company

This little cake is bitttttttter and dry! Underleaf it a bit and flash steep it for awhile. It is a complex tea – wet stones, vegetal, leafy with a heavy pudding texture and big aftertaste fragrance. Drank BD after a month of rest, will need to revisit in a year or two.

Full review on Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/november-2016-white2tea-club-feat-2016-b__d_-sheng-puer/

200 °F / 93 °C 0 min, 15 sec 1 g 1 OZ / 17 ML

This small 50g cake was last months offering from the White2Tea club. While it is a nice tea I don’t think it by itself was worth the $29.99 for the club. The tea started out with just a little bitterness and developed an astringency to it. It developed into something of a bittersweet sheng with the bitterness almost but not quite disappearing. Overall it was a very nice tea. By the twelfth steep all the bitterness was gone and a sweet note remained. I am not sure if I would describe this note as the traditional apricots of young sheng however. Overall I liked this tea. It is not available on the website. Which is ok by me. I wouldn’t buy more unless the price was significantly less than what I paid for this.

I steeped this tea twelve times in a 150ml Shiboridashi with 10.3g leaf and 190 degree water. I gave it a 10 second rinse. I steeped it for 5 sec, 5 sec, 7 sec, 10 sec, 15 sec, 20 sec, 25 sec, 30 sec, 45 sec, 1 min, 1.5 min, and 2 min. I could have gotten a few more steeps out of the leaves, they were not done, however I had had enough tea at something like 1.5 liters.

Flavors: Astringent, Bitter, Sweet