Simpson & Vail Advent Calendar – Day 6

(originally written November 6th)

Yay, almond sugar cookie! This is one that I got a full 2 ounce pouch of when I ordered this advent box. Simpson & Vail’s shipping is crazy expensive, so I added a few teas to reach the free shipping threshold. Their teas are so inexpensive, it’s crazy!

Anyway, I’m perfectly happy to have a cozy cup of this tea while eating my homemade adult lunchable and listening to Christmas music at work. Yes, I know that it’s only November 6th. But by the time I post this, it’ll be December 6th, so ha! I happen to love Christmas music, so I try to get as much mileage out of it as possible. :)

Yummy sweet almondy cookie goodness. This is also tasting a bit earthy this time around, which reminds me of black walnuts. But still tasty – like a buttery shortbread cookie with almonds (and walnuts). It’s quite a light tea overall, and I think the light base tea lets the almond cookie flavor shine.

Flavors: Almond, Butter, Cookie, Cream, Earth, Sweet, Walnut

Hi, I’m Cameron! I’m 28 years old and currently living in Austin, Texas with my boyfriend of 5 years. We’re both software engineers working in the Semiconductor manufacturing field. I am a staunch lover of pugs and other squishy-faced dogs, although sadly I do not currently have one.

I joined Steepster back in 2014, and was a very active member for a couple of years. I then took a break and have just started to drink tea again (in 2018). I am happy to be back! I have emptied my (virtual) cupboard and will fill it up slowly as I drink more teas!

I prefer my tea lukewarm or at room temperature and without milk or sugar. I will often sweeten iced tea. I brew Western style, and love to use small teapots and Japanese-style cups so I don’t have to wait for a giant mug to cool! My favorite teas tend to be black or green, and often flavored.

Tea Preferences:

Likes:
Chinese black teas
Chinese green teas
Caramel
Maple
Banana
Butterscotch

Dislikes:
Rose
Lavender

80-89: Great – a possible staple
70-79: Good, but I wouldn’t buy it
60-69: It’s decent
50-59: Meh… I may or may not have finished the cup
40-49: Ick. Couldn’t finish it.
00-39: Repulsive, I spat it out