I originally enjoyed Mi Xian from Stacy, but quickly realized it wasn’t my favourite straight black, as far as straight blacks go. I ordered this one anyway, and it is tasty, but again, it isn’t going to become a favourite anytime soon.

It has a crisper flavour profile than the Wild Mountain Black I’m finding. Maybe clearer? That’s difficult to put into words. It doesn’t have the same intensity of honey-like sweetness that I so love. It’s far more subtle, with oats taking a more prominent position.

It is tasty, and I will more than enjoy the wee 25g sample we ordered. I’ll see if, by the end of the sample, I feel the need for more. Perhaps Alexa will love our sample, and it will become what will eventually be an amalgamated cupboard of our teas.

I went off the Steepster steeping parameters for this and the Yuchi WMB last night. I do wish TTC would include steeping parameters on their website.