drank Browncoat Genmaicha by 52teas

How to begin describing this? It reminds me of a Nestlé Crunch but not half as sweet. The smell and taste are also reminiscent of my mom’s chocolate covered rice crispy squares, which use a very pungent, somewhat sour and cheap Hershey-like chocolate. Yes, chocolate covered baked rice crispy squares, and maybe some hot cocoa, is what this reminds me of.

It has all the roasted, nutty, and buttery notes of genmaicha (one of my favourite teas). If anything, the American chocolate enhances that “bitter nut” quality to me more than it creates a true chocolate sensation. Perhaps Nutella? I don’t know. I feel the chocolate and roasted rice meet mid-sip then linger together.

This is different but it works! It’s quite the comforting beverage.. until it reminds me that a certain show will never have a season two. Then it’s not quite so comforting. Bitter nut.

Awe…. No second season sigh

Cavocorax

You make this sound so amazing!

CrowKettle

It is a dreaded chocolate tea but if you ever want to try some, or the weeping angel tea, I have enough to spare :)

Cavocorax

Thanks! Maybe we could do a swap if I have something you like!

gmathis

This sounds wonderful and I suddenly have a hankerin’ to watch “Shindig.”

CrowKettle

I need to sit down and run through all the episodes again; I’ve almost forgotten how frilly and pink that dress was (good episode)!
@Cavocorax, Zen Tea? Darjeeling? Cherry Cola? Anything you would love to get rid of? I’m easy going :)

Cavocorax

Shindig is awesome! I need to watch that again too!

Comments

Awe…. No second season sigh

Cavocorax

You make this sound so amazing!

Cavocorax

Thanks! Maybe we could do a swap if I have something you like!

gmathis

This sounds wonderful and I suddenly have a hankerin’ to watch “Shindig.”

Cavocorax

Shindig is awesome! I need to watch that again too!

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland