Backlog from last night: I received this as a free sample from Utopia Tea. Thank you! I’ve never had anything labelled “decaffeinated” before. I feel… all grown up, like I’ve progressed to the next extremity of “caffeine” consumption! ;)

The aroma of the dry leaf reminds me of those pineapple flavoured Koala’s March I used to gobble up as a child when visiting the Hawaiian Islands; airy cookie, candied pineapple filling… Not until this very moment did I realize my ambition to never be without a good pineapple tea, macadamia nuts, and Koala March cookies. I need to get cracking on that!

The actual taste of this one is very similar to the smell. It’s watery, floral, and is heavy with sugary fruit near the end of the sip. The green tea is pretty subdued. It’s not terribly exciting but it’s relaxing in a pinch.

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland