drank Pom Tango by DAVIDsTEA

I had this hot as an in store sample the other day and wasn’t particularly wowed by it. Then I stuck some the fridge overnight, and it was awesome. Thank you friend who convinced me this would be better iced and that I should get some anyways. You were right.

This is very much a mango tea; my 16g bag consists mostly of mango pieces with a reasonable, yet less apparent, amount of black tea leaves. It’s a heavier blend. The mango gives it a flat, fruity sweetness that is spiked up by the subtle, more tart pomegranate. The black base is also very subtle.

This cup is nice an refreshing and deserves a sunnier day than what we’re getting right now. Happy daylight saving time from the Pacific Northwest.

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland