I typically have low expectations with Earl Grey because it’s usually boring, needs milk, and tastes like paint thinner. I should probably go in with a more open mind from now on because this one is proof that I’m a biased little ninny.

Detectable bergamot? Check
Detectable creaminess? Double Check
Bergamot doesn’t curdle the creaminess or milk? Check

I poured in some 1% milk and it came out cream. There are layers of creaminess, divided up by citrus tones. I want to own a huge amount of this Earl Grey. Thank you, Jackie T (please tell me where and how I can get more of this)!

Jackie O

You can either order online at www.vermontliberytea.com or I can pick some up and send it to you :-)

CrowKettle

I don’t seem to be able to access their website but maybe that’s a temporary glitch. If I still can’t see it in a couple of months I will definitely contact you- I liked this one a lot! :)

Jackie O

I need to make a run there soon for more earl grey anyway, I can pick some up for you!

Fjellrev

Paint thinner, ouch.

Chizakura

Funny how different some people can be. :) Earl Grey is a ‘safe’ tea for me. Even if the tea quality is utter … ly horrid, it’s still drinkable.

CrowKettle

Jackie T, When I get back to an area with more reliable internet I’ll message you about that :)

Paint thinner is probably an unfair exaggeration. There were a couple I tried that were so strongly scented with bergamot they reminded me of wood polish, but that’s just me. XD

Comments

Jackie O

Fjellrev

-Anise, but not licorice
-Ginger or Clove-forward chai
-Rosemary
-Grass/Marine/Vegetal/Nutty Green teas
-Florals: Rose, Lavender, Jasmine…
-Musky and/or Woody Incense-like stuff: Sandalwood, Frankincense, Eucalyptus
-Berries: Blackberry, Raspberry, Currants, Blueberry, Elderberry
-Bananas, and most fruits actually.

Less Preferred Flavours/Ingredients:

-Stevia and most sweetners
-Cinnamon-forward chai/blends
-Apple & Cranberries
-Mango pieces (love mango outside of tea though)
-Coconut pieces (as a sub/filler ingredient)
-Metallic or overly artificial teas
-Cocoa Nibs, 95% of the time.

Subjective Rating System 3.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. I’ll impulsively buy in large quantities and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. I’ll try to keep this one around when it’s practical.

76-84: A good tea, but not one I’m likely to order again.

70-75: Alright, but I may have a few problems with quality, consistency, ingredient chemistry and/or personal preferences.

50-69: Average to mediocre cup.

11-49: Varying levels of undrinkable tea. I don’t give a lot of these ratings out, since I tend to grab tea I know will appeal to me.

1-10: Nightmare tea from the chaos realms. This tea is the embodiment of the primordial swamp, the unholy abomination that is a chimera. It’s very gross and I’m almost positive it doesn’t exist.

BC, Canada