This seaweed smelling tea is from Jackie T! I read the vague wiki stub on bancha to get a sense of what this was; hopefully it isn’t completely inaccurate.

I steeped it in 175F, according to my kettle, for a little over a minute. My first cup was extremely buttery and smooth with a solid vegetal leaning. This cup was on the yummy and simple side.

There’s a good chance that the mug I used was contaminated with a dessert tea I drank earlier so I switched mug and strainer, and dumped in another teaspoon of leaves. Yep! This is a lot more vegetal and seaweed-like this time, like a less energetic sencha. It’s not very exciting but it does the trick.

Thanks again, Jackie T! I haven’t had a lot of green tea lately and this is a nice change of pace.

Ingredients/flavours I tend to dislike or stay away from: apple, cocoa nibs, marine, peach, stevia, dairy products

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. Will impulsively buy and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

76-84: A lovely tea, maybe of high quality or masterful blending, but not one I’m likely to order again.

BC, Lower Mainland