drank With Open Eyes by Butiki Teas

My essay beverage (aka-stress management tea) of the semester.

It’s that time in November again where almost everything school related just sucks, sucks, sucks. This tea and Kuchar’s rendition of Shostakovich’s Gadfly Suite are helping me rationalize my existence as it stands right now, and help me forget that I must neglect Three-Day Road in order to finish this sad paper.

You know, I’ve listened to this so many times over the years without ever looking into the background of it. I’ll have to read The Gadfly someday when I have a life again. I want to read so many books that aren’t related to school right now, it’s not even funny.

Courtney

Haha there is definitely a correlation between the amount of school work I have to do and the things I suddenly find interesting that are not related to school work that’s due.

Fjellrev

Ugh, sorry it’s sucking for you. We’ll be finished in a month. But it’ll be a loooooong month, I’m sure.

Plunkybug

It’s times like this that I’m glad I’m out of school. ;) But surely you’re making time out for the DW 50th anniversary special on Saturday, riiiiight? ;)

CrowKettle

Thanks Incendiare! It’s all my fault really as I did exactly as Courtney implied. :P I hope your workload is month is more smoothly set out than mine (can’t wait for winter break)!

Ah, Heather! By this Saturday almost all of my due dates will have passed and I can enjoy being lethargic again. I’m so stoked for the anniversary special.

tea-sipper

I definitely can relate to the too-many-books-I-want-to-read-right-now problem!

CrowKettle

After not having one for years I got a library card at the beginning of the semester. Turns out that was a huge mistake. I have a pile of fifteen books beside my bed just begging to be read.. and it’s paper season!

Plunkybug

I’ll be at the Odeon showing at 11:50am…super excited. Also, Vic High is doing a fundraiser at The Vic Theatre Friday night…

Fjellrev

Geez, I haven’t read a book in years. Never time for that.

But I can’t wait for the break either!

Comments

Courtney

tea-sipper

I definitely can relate to the too-many-books-I-want-to-read-right-now problem!

Fjellrev

Geez, I haven’t read a book in years. Never time for that.

But I can’t wait for the break either!

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland