I haven’t been in the mood for the smokiness of gunpowder lately but I do appreciate the juicy-tart flavouring of the pomegranate here. The concept seems so simple but when I go through the list of tea flavourings I’ve encountered I realize this one is quite unique! At the beginning of my tea journey (2011) David’s Tea had a Pomegranate Silver Needle, which I thought was decent at the time, but I haven’t seen one since! Kudos to 52teas!

(2017 blend)

Flavors: Red Fruits, Smoke

Ingredients/flavours I tend to dislike or stay away from: apple, cocoa nibs, marine, peach, stevia, dairy products

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. Will impulsively buy and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

76-84: A lovely tea, maybe of high quality or masterful blending, but not one I’m likely to order again.

BC, Lower Mainland