drank Pomme d'Amour by Dammann Freres

I have been on the hunt for a delicious apple tea for a while now and I was excited to add this tea to my advent calendar order last month. It just sounded so delicious. And I’m glad I did because now I got it out of my system, but I’m a bit disappointed because this is not the end of my search for a delicious apple tea.

I think maybe my mistake is that this is a baked apple type of tea and I’m craving an apple pie, or even a fresh apple type of tea.

I get oven-baked apple and some caramel and vanilla, so it delivers on its promise. I’m the one who is fickle on this one and evidently changed my mind as to what I was hoping for: more apple. I do like it a lot more than the carcadet version though and it is a lovely tea.

Flavors: Candied Apple, Caramel

Cameron B.

I found the base tea to be a bit discordant for this one – super earthy or something. I really wanted to like it, I too want a delicious apple tea!

lizwykys

I’m also in the market for a delicious apple tea! :) Actually, I had this one on my last DF order and ended up striking it off because my shipping was too high.

EmmaM

I agree Cameron B. It might be that earthiness I’m not connecting with. On paper it sounds so perfect, but it just doesn’t work for me. The search continues lol.

EmmaM

Liz, I wish I could send you some of mine. 100 gr is just a lot for a tea I’m not in love with, but I imagine shipping to Greece would be prohibitive. Maybe when I go to France this Spring, it would be easier to ship from there. Will investigate :)

Comments

Cameron B.

lizwykys

EmmaM

I started drinking tea 3 years ago when a friend introduced me to flavored black teas. Since then, I have developed a bit of a tea addiction. I never want to be without the teas I adore, but I’m perpetually compelled to try new ones… I’ve never been a collector of anything, but it seems I do have a tea problem. Still, I work as a web designer and digital marketing specialist so I always have a tea cup by my side to keep me happy as I stare at my screen all day.

Being French and living in the US, I started with French tea companies like Mariage Freres, Dammann Freres, Kusmi and Theodor (it has been a way for me to stay connected to my roots), but I’d love to find tea companies I love as much on this side of the Atlantic.

I love dessert teas. All kinds of dessert teas. Although most of my favorites are black teas, I love a few green teas, oolongs, green rooibos (I dislike regular rooibos) and I’m always searching for an infusion I can drink at night. So far, I have found very few fruit teas or herbal teas I love, but I’m still looking.

In terms of flavors, I adore almond, pistachio, biscuit, nutty types, as well as caramel, cream, cake, vanilla, toffee, chocolate, and cookies. For me, it’s all about drinking my dessert!!! I also like fruity teas like peach, melon, mango, raspberry, strawberry, figs, and even grapefruit flavored teas. I like it all except for lemon. I also love black licorice candy so licorice tea works for me.

I am discovering more floral teas and testing the waters there, but I don’t care for earl greys or chai. I have not expanded into unflavored teas yet but maybe one day.

For full disclosure I usually add a little bit of stevia to my teas.

North Carolina, USA