drank Spicy Coco by Dammann Freres

2020 Advent Calendar – Day 15 Oh my goodness, I love this one! What a delicious combination. And as it cools it gets even better! The cinnamon is so soft and gently sweet, not overpowering at all. The cardamon spice is positively lovely. The passion fruit is very present with its fruitiness, and the coconut is delicious! It makes the whole cup feel softly exotic and almost milky. It’s magical to me. I did not want my cup to end!

Which is incredibly funny because I did not want to drink this one at all. The description made it sound like a chai tea, or at the very least a tea that was a full-on spice affair. But this doesn’t feel like a chai tea to me at all.

Flavors: Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coconut, Milk, Passion Fruit, Sweet

Cameron B.

I felt the same, the name made me think it was a coconut chai!

derk

Looks like I’m not the only one who thought this would be a spice-heavy chai based on the name :)

Comments

Cameron B.

I felt the same, the name made me think it was a coconut chai!

derk

I started drinking tea 5 years ago when a friend introduced me to flavored black teas. Since then, I have developed a bit of a tea addiction. I never want to be without the teas I love, but I’m perpetually compelled to try new ones… I’ve never been a collector of anything, but it seems I do have a tea problem. Still, I work as a web designer and digital marketing specialist so I always have a tea cup by my side to keep me happy as I stare at my screen all day.

Being French and living in the US, I started with French tea companies like Mariage Freres, Dammann Freres, Kusmi, Nina’s and TheOdor (it has been a way for me to stay connected to my roots), but I’d love to find tea companies I love as much on this side of the Atlantic.

I love dessert teas. All kinds of dessert teas. Although most of my favorites are black teas, I love a few green teas, oolongs, green rooibos (I dislike regular rooibos) and I’m always searching for an infusion I can drink at night. So far, I have found very few fruit teas or herbal teas I love, but I’m still looking.

In terms of flavors, I adore almond, pistachio, biscuit, nutty types, as well as caramel, cream, cake, vanilla, toffee, chocolate, and cookies. For me, it’s all about drinking my dessert!!! I also like fruity teas like peach, melon, mango, raspberry, strawberry, figs, and even grapefruit flavored teas. I like it all except for lemon. I also love black licorice candy so licorice tea works for me.

I am discovering more floral teas and testing the waters there, but I don’t care for earl greys or chai. I have not expanded into unflavored teas yet but maybe one day.

For full disclosure I usually add a little bit of stevia to my teas.

North Carolina, USA