Final sipdown of this tea. I bought this a few weeks ago when my wife, friend, and I all traveled down to Columbus, on a mini road trip. I make a note of tea houses or cafes around the areas that I travel to because I can’t go a full day without having a cup of tea.

Anyway, I wasn’t overly impressed with this tea blend. I brewed this in both an Adagio Ingenuitea (16 oz) pot and in a gaiwan. I must say that Western style brewing is more effective with the tea. I was able to extract more flavor by steeping it at a full 3 minutes at 195F water, versus the rinsing/15-25 second steep times.

There were subtle notes of oranges and cream; while the oolong came out in the aftertaste. I think this tea would’ve been better as an iced sweet tea instead. I did like the oolong aftertaste, though.

Flavors: Cream, Orange

i don’t really drink flavored oolongs

S.G. Sanders

This one started out nice, but turned a bit sour after a while.

S.G. Sanders

It was the sourness of citrus.

plus i don’t really drink flavored teas

S.G. Sanders

It had orange peels in it. The first steep reminded me of a orange creme Popsicle, but got sour without sugar until I added some.

Kirkoneill1988

those popsickles are ok :)

Comments

Kirkoneill1988

i don’t really drink flavored oolongs

S.G. Sanders

This one started out nice, but turned a bit sour after a while.

S.G. Sanders

It was the sourness of citrus.

plus i don’t really drink flavored teas

Kirkoneill1988

those popsickles are ok :)

I’ve been drinking tea for a couple of years. It all began in college when a roommate had introduced me to loose leaf teas.

I figured that it was time to have a place to go to, where I can share my thoughts and opinions with others on teas; while expanding my palate and learn about new teas from others.

A little bit about me: I enjoy writing, an avid hiker, a tea drinker, book collector, and gamer.

Rating Scale:

0-69 is below average (never try/buy again)

70-85 is average (glad I tried it, but will never buy it).

86-100 is beyond average (I want more).

Northeast Ohio