Dry bag smells more of licorice-fennel followed by eucalyptus-mint. The steam is lightly minty and medicinal. First sip is of course syrupy sweet, earthy licorice which is mixed with eucalyptus, then the fennel opens up, followed by a light coating of menthol that floats up. There’s also some tartness at the back of the mouth a while after the sip.

Compared to Yogi’s Breathe Deep, this isn’t nearly as sickeningly licorice sweet and the licorice doesn’t glue itself into weird pockets of flavor around my mouth. It’s more of a smooth coating unlike the Breathe Deep which left a dry eucalyptus-herbal strip the length of my tongue. I do appreciate the stronger eucalyptus-thyme presence in Breathe Deep. Taste-wise, though, this Breathe Easy is preferred.

Boiling 8 min or more 8 OZ / 236 ML

Always up for a trade. I keep an updated cupboard. Check it out. Don’t be shy. Message me if you want to try something :)

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, sheng and shou puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, Laoshan green. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog or matcha latte. I generally steep a tea until it has no more to give.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings. Just nothing cloying especially banana, caramel, coconut, cinnamon or maple.

Preference reference:

100-90: A tea I can lose myself into. Something about it makes me slow down and appreciate not only the tea but all of life or a moment in time.
89-80: Fits my profile well enough to buy again.
69-60: Not necessarily a bad tea but one that I won’t buy again.

Sonoma County, California, USA