drank pomi-berry by two leaves and a bud

Sipping on a pot of this herbal tea now. Another old ass tea from depths of the kitchen, best before 08/2012.

Smells like berries > hibiscus > chamomile. Tastes like a mouthful of apple-straw chamomile tea, with very light hibiscus on the sip and a light but lingering berry-lavender aftertaste. Linden, lemon balm and lemongrass? Can’t taste ‘em. But maybe the lemon herbs are giving the slightly drying liquor this bit of lemon sourness. It’s aight.

3 bags to a 750mL? teapot.

Flavors: Apple, Berries, Drying, Floral, Hibiscus, Lavender, Lemon, Straw

Boiling 8 min or more 25 OZ / 750 ML
Kittenna

Best before 2012? I bet I have a stash of those somewhere! (My loose tea hoarding started in 2012 or so, but I have some Tazo & CS bagged teas from prior. Much, much prior. Ha.)

Mastress Alita

I feel fortunate that I started collected in fall of 2016, which means my “mass collecting” and oldest teas now are mostly 2017s that I’m trying to sipdown and get out of my house. So nothing in my cupboard is too old at the moment. But I don’t have the storage to keep getting more and hording without clearing out now, so I think I’ll never have anything that spans beyond that two year gap anyway. (Aside from trades, and I guess anything goes with that… total mystery there!)

Kittenna

Learn from our mistakes!!

Comments

Kittenna

Mastress Alita

Kittenna

Learn from our mistakes!!

Eventual tea farmer. If you are a tea grower, want to grow your own plants or are simply curious, please follow me so we can chat.

I most enjoy loose-leaf, unflavored teas and tisanes. Always on the lookout for teas from countries and regions not commonly known for tea production or those that are not well represented in the western market. I seek these teas to gain an understanding, however vague, of how this plant performs in different climates.

bicycle bicycle bicycle