drank Rosé Royal by Lupicia

One of 3 free Lupicia samples. Sounded interesting “Black tea blend scented with strawberries and sparkling wine.” This one had more body than the other Lupicia I’ve tried, more flavor. The tea bag smelled really good, I can smell the fruit, not too much of the rose at this point. The liquor was a medium-dark amber and it was a little astringent (pleasantly), and very smooth and warm mouth and throat feel. It has a lasting finish.
I liked the base, the muscatel and strawberry notes, but there was a quite a bit of rose in it for my tastes. Did it knock it out of balance? I don’t think so. I think it is more just my aversion to a strong rose flavor. I can handle a little, but not a lot.
One thing though, the aroma of the rose was pleasant and quite “perfumey” but in a fresh rose garden kind of way… And in no way, shape or form did it smell like the cheap rose perfume some people wear (if you wear that type, sorry lol). Other than the strong rose, it was a very nice cup of tea and good 2nd and 3rd steep.

Recommended for those who don’t mind rose.

Sachet in 130 ml, boiling water for 3 steeps 2.5m, 3m, 3.5m.

Flavors: Astringent, Muscatel, Perfume, Rose, Strawberry

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 4 OZ / 130 ML

Longtime casual tea drinker. In the past, mainly Sencha, Matcha. I’m currently into Oolong, Black & Pu’erh.

Gongfu cha is the main way I prepare my tea (gaiwan or Yixing teapot). I drink all tea… Usually unflavored. I do try some flavored now. I don’t like artificial sweeteners.

I generally don’t add anything to my teas.

USA