If there was ever a tea made for cold steeping, this Watermelon Baozhong from Liquid Proust is it. The cold steeped tea is a delicious medley of flowers, grass, cucumber, and of course watermelon – just a hint of it as it goes down. I tend to find most flavored teas overbearing but this one preserves the integrity of the base oolong while accenting it with a touch of fruity flavor.

When steeped hot, the watermelon flavoring dominates the delicate flavor of the bao zhong. The taste of the warm tea is reminiscent of watermelon bubblegum which is also what the dry leaf smells like. I hot steeped it once and decided I liked it better cold.

Kudos to Liquid Proust for a refreshing summer time tea!

Flavors: Cucumber, Flowers, Melon

Iced 2 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

Fell into tea years ago, and for a long time my experience was limited to Japanese greens and a few flavored teas. My tea epiphany came a few years ago when I discovered jade oolongs. That was the gateway drug to the world of fine tea and teaware.

With the exception of a handful of lightly scented teas, I drink mostly straight tea. I love fresh green and floral flavors and as such, green tea and Taiwanese oolongs will always have a place in my cupboard. After avoiding black tea forever, Chinese blacks are beginning to grow on me. I’ve dipped my toe into a few puerhs now but it’s still relatively new territory for me. I also enjoy white tea and tisanes but reach for them less frequently.

Other non-tea interests include: cooking, reading, nature, MMA, traveling when I can, and of course putzing around on the interwebs.

IG: https://www.instagram.com/melucky