On the Eleventh day of Christmas Steepster gave to me eleven Pipers piping…

Yeah, I know. I’m drinking this way after the 11th day of Christmas but I just didn’t want to steep this up on a day where it didn’t feel right. That sort of seemed like a waste of an interesting blend and Isaila’s creativity. So I’m having it now.

1 1/2 tsp. of leaf, just under boiling water steeped 3 min.

Taste wise, I actually really like this. It reminds me a lot of another tea I’ve had, but I’m having a hard time placing what. I’m sure it’ll come to me though. Anyway, I get a nice, smooth black base and tons of creamy vanilla/coconut. That’s topped off with a very subtle and sweet apple – not tart apple, sweet apple. It almost tastes caramelized?

Ah, that’s it! It’s like a black cross of DT’s Gold Rush and RiverTea’s Mulberry White! Smooth caramel/coconut from Gold Rush and hints of caramel/apple from Mulberry White!

Anyway, I like it.

Also, I’m gonna leave this here for anyone curious/wishing to be mortified by Matt Smith (fair warning):

Diddly Bop.

JustJames

meh, not mortified (not so much news to me, lol) but the guy at the end….. AWESOME!

VariaTEA

haha I like the name of the tumblr. It seems as though there is a bit of a carrot juice/tomato sauce theme in our posts today.

Roswell Strange

OMG I didn’t even notice that!

Isaila

Matt Smithhhhh. Although he’s not prettier than Tennant.

Roswell Strange

I agree – Tennant is my favourite. Capaldi reminds me of an angry owl. And, I just really dislike Christopher :/

Comments

JustJames

VariaTEA

Roswell Strange

OMG I didn’t even notice that!

Isaila

Matt Smithhhhh. Although he’s not prettier than Tennant.

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada