Sipdown (201/205)!

Thanks VariaTEA for the sample. This was barely even on my radar prior to receiving it (I was much more interested in the Cheesecake Genmaichas that Frank has done), but it certainly is now. I was really quite pleasantly surprised with how flavourful it was.

Honestly, I was kind of conflicted by the flavours because it was total puffed wheat and then juicy berries which in my mind equates to some kind of gross soggy cereal type mess, but it was actually phenomenal in practice and I thought very well balanced and interesting with great contrasting yet complimenting flavours.

I even made the effort to resteep it, which I basically never do, and was impressed that the fruit flavour (which somewhat deteriorated) was still detectable. I would buy a full pouch of this one, and I’ve also added it to my wish/shopping list.

Flavors: Berries

Boiling 1 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
VariaTEA

I’m glad you liked this one. You didn’t ask for it, which I was surprised, but I figured it was a genmaicha so you should try it.

Comments

VariaTEA

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

I also have two real life pets:

SK, Canada