PMS Oolong

Oolong Tea
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

• “I snuck this one out of VariaTEA’s bag of goodies because she encouraged me to drink her teas! I really wanted to see how this one turned out. I still very much miss Stacy’s pineapple oolong, as...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is this week’s Tea of the Week. I’m currently on my second infusion of the leaves I first infused about an hour ago. The second infusion is probably my favorite steep of this particular tea so...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for August 21, 2017!

Before anyone gets any ideas that this is some kind of tea remedy for that special time of month – no – although as one who occasionally suffers from some horrific PMS symptoms, I would love to find something that actually worked for that.

This tea isn’t about that.

Instead, this is an Anxi Hairy Crab Mao Xie Fujian Oolong blended with Pineapple, Mango and Strawberry. Get it? Yeah – so maybe it’s not the cleverest of names but hopefully it will get a chuckle out of some of you.

In case you’re unfamiliar with a “Hairy Crab” Oolong, it’s a ‘green’ floral Oolong – it’s very smooth and sweet with a thick mouthfeel. When I first sampled this particular tea, I immediately thought that it would be nice blended with fruit. (It’s also quite nice on it’s own – unflavored – but that’s not the kind of teas 52Teas offers.)

But as a blend – this is really tasty. I recognize the pineapple first and the mango comes in just after that. The strawberry hits about mid-sip. The smooth, sweet floral notes of the Oolong play well with the fruit flavors and seem to emphasize the ‘tropical’ kind of theme that’s going on with these particular fruits. You know, kind of like – maybe you just stepped off the plane and they put a flower lei around your neck and offered you an island fruit drink. A tropical getaway for your tastebuds!

ingredients: oolong tea

organic ingredients: pineapple, mango, strawberry and natural flavors

About 52teas View company

I snuck this one out of VariaTEA’s bag of goodies because she encouraged me to drink her teas! I really wanted to see how this one turned out. I still very much miss Stacy’s pineapple oolong, as it’s one of the best pairings with a green oolong that i can imagine. Lucipicia’s version is also nice but not as “juicy” from what i remember. This one is mostly pineapple – which suits me just fine, but i do get a sense of the mango coming through. Really enjoyed this one today while spending some time relaxing and reading.

VariaTEA

Yay for sharing!

as always, thanks…i appreciate it!

This is this week’s Tea of the Week. I’m currently on my second infusion of the leaves I first infused about an hour ago. The second infusion is probably my favorite steep of this particular tea so I highly recommend a resteep on these leaves! The flavor of both the Oolong and the fruit has mellowed somewhat – and it’s just soft and sweet and really quite nice. Smooth and silky.