Warm Maple Cream

Green White Blend
Cardamon, Cinnamon, Maple Syrup, Nutmeg, Spices, Toasted, Vanilla, Brown Sugar, Brown Toast, Cream, Creamy, Maple, Oats, Smooth, Sweet, Tannin
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

• “Still no wifi at home here. I make do with the occasional outing to a cafe or some such to catch up a wee bit. There are advantages to not having the colossal time suck in my life. I am...” Read full tasting note
  • “I swear I wrote a tea note for this guy ages ago. Eh. I don’t love this as much as some but I did enjoy it while it lasted. Hojicha and I are just not very close, although it’s alright on...” Read full tasting note
  • “I sure wish I had an entire pouch of this. Wow, this is delicious. Thank you to CrowKettle for the share. This is amazing plain. So much maple, smooth creamy notes with a lovely white tea base. It...” Read full tasting note
  • “No, the cold I had didn’t kill me. I can’t believe I haven’t written a tasting note in ten days though. First note for this one? I had to order a couple recent mystery bags and I received a big...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for November 6, 2017!

When it comes to writing these tea descriptions, I try to recall what my inspiration was to create the blend. That’s proving a little difficult at the moment, because I really don’t recall what it was that inspired me to create this blend. I knew I wanted to create a white tea & houjicha blend. I wanted something that works well with the sweet, smooth yet toasty flavor that comes with this combination of tea leaves. My first thought is “Maple!” Because – maple. Do I need to explain or is “because maple” a good enough explanation on it’s own?

Earlier this year, I crafted a “Maple Forest” blend that was houjicha & white tea, in that case, it was a shou mei white tea. This time around, I am using an air-dried “Moonlight White” (or Yue Guang Bai) which has a softer flavor than the more assertive shou mei and I think I like it better than the shou mei. I like the way the lightness of the Yue Guang Bai unites with the houjicha for a flavor that’s both sweet and toasty as well as a smooth, silky texture. And I went heavier on the white tea than the green this time around – so that the roasted flavor from the green tea was more of an accent note rather than a strong flavor profile.

Despite the difference in white teas here and the lighter touch of houjicha – I wanted something else to make this stand out as a distinctly different blend from the Maple Forest so I decided to add some spice. Why not, right? So, I added some cardamom, cinnamon and nutmeg for a little warmth and because of the smooth, silky texture of this blend, I decided to add some creamy vanilla notes to the Maple.

This is a deliciously maple, creamy, cozy kind of tea experience! Very yum!

ingredients: white tea

organic ingredients: roasted green tea, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla bean & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

Still no wifi at home here. I make do with the occasional outing to a cafe or some such to catch up a wee bit. There are advantages to not having the colossal time suck in my life. I am not tea shopping as much, for one thing.

That said, I miss my tea postings and catching up with what you all are drinking. And you guys and your happenings, of course.

Here I am for an hour or two in a bakery cafe scrolling through all the tea postings that I’ve missed. This method is troubling as I don’t have enough time to actually read through and that bugs me. But that’s just what it is for now.

I’ve been drinking all the things. This one is coming up often in my rotation. It is the first hojicha blend that has caught my attention. The dense twiggy woodiness just works with the maple. Yet another score for 52Teas—damn.

nice. sound tasty!

I swear I wrote a tea note for this guy ages ago. Eh.

I don’t love this as much as some but I did enjoy it while it lasted. Hojicha and I are just not very close, although it’s alright on occassion. It has a decent second steep too, which is a boon in a flavoured tea.

This was also a good self-reminder that I’m still looking for my ideal Maple tea to replace my old flame, Butiki’s Maple Pecan Oolong. I miss that tea so much; it replaced ice cream for me, folks! I think I just need a base that’s a little darker (coughNiligriFrostOolongcough)

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Maple Syrup, Nutmeg, Spices, Toasted, Vanilla

Evol Ving Ness

Hmm, I know what you mean about Hojicha. I too have found it a hit and miss base for me. There was a 52teas blend not too long about that rocked my world though, so I haven’t given up on it completely.

Arby

You could give Murchie’s maple chai or Canadian breakfast a try. If you don’t have a Murchie’s near you, I can send some your way. :)

CrowKettle

Hmm, Canadian Breakfast is alright but it’s been a while since I’ve visited Murchies; We have a few locations around here but my favourite location is still downtown Vic. Also miss Jaga Silk and Silk Road (Vic trip may be in order for late spring).

CrowKettle

@Evol Ving Ness, I’m not going to give up on Hojicha just yet. I liked this one more than I usual so there’s hope. I also have “cardamon fatigue” so I shouldn’t blame Hojicha completely here XD

Lexie Aleah

maybe try adding pecans to a similar blend.

Arby

The downtown Vic one has a great bakery too. If you come to the city, consider going to Special Teas Inc on Yates street. They have a great milk oolong and they blend all of their own teas.

This is amazing plain. So much maple, smooth creamy notes with a lovely white tea base. It is both flavourful and smooth. It reminds me of maple brown sugar oatmeal.

With a splash of soy milk this is even thicker and creamier. The maple and oat flavours come through even more. A little bit of molasses and spices.

52Teas has really blended the perfect breakfast blend of maple, smooth white tea, and creamy sweet flavours. It also resteeps really well and takes milk if you want a richer morning drink.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Brown Toast, Cream, Creamy, Maple, Maple Syrup, Oats, Smooth, Spices, Sweet, Tannin

sounds yum!

Evol Ving Ness

Yep, totally craving that cup.

No, the cold I had didn’t kill me. I can’t believe I haven’t written a tasting note in ten days though. First note for this one? I had to order a couple recent mystery bags and I received a big size of this one…. but no more new tea for me for a while! I feel like having a cold and not wanting to try new teas because of it set me back in trying teas. It’s not fun to wait to try new teas! This one smells delicious coming right out of the bag! It is definitely maple and cream! It reminds me of one of those chocolates with maple cream in the middle. The base is houjicha and that sickle shaped sort of white tea. I can’t say that the sickle shaped white tea is the one I’d prefer… I feel like it never imparts much flavor in a cup. However, it works well here. All the ingredients here really work well together. I love the white tea base with hints of roastiness from the houjicha. Definite flavors of maple and vanilla with hints of cinnamon and nutmeg. Big pieces of cardamom in the blend as well. I’m glad my tastebuds were back to enjoy this delicious blend!

Flavors: Maple, Nutmeg, Vanilla

Fjellrev

I’m glad you are feeling better! And I totally hear you. Between getting sick more frequently over the past few months and being really busy, it’s set me back with trying what I have in my cupboard. But I did exactly the same thing and ordered mystery bags AND got a full-sized one too so glad to hear you’re liking it!

tea-sipper

Thanks, Fjellrev. And I hope you like the Maple Cream as much as I do. :D

Mastress Alita

When I felt a cold coming on, I started drinking a lot of hibiscus (for that Vitamin C!) and ginger teas (not my favorite, but good on the throat!) like crazy trying to ward it off… I think it’s finally passed, though! Glad you are past your own blech, tea-sipper!

I have a small bag of this and have been craving maple lately so I’ll have to try it out soon! I’ve put myself on a tea ordering hiatus as well… mostly because I went waaaaay over my self-imposed budget for January. Oops!

tea-sipper

Thanks Mastress Alita. Hope you like the maple too and glad you’re feeling better.