Warm Maple Cream

Green White Blend
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

Tasting Notes

There aren't any tasting notes for this tea yet.

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for November 6, 2017!

When it comes to writing these tea descriptions, I try to recall what my inspiration was to create the blend. That’s proving a little difficult at the moment, because I really don’t recall what it was that inspired me to create this blend. I knew I wanted to create a white tea & houjicha blend. I wanted something that works well with the sweet, smooth yet toasty flavor that comes with this combination of tea leaves. My first thought is “Maple!” Because – maple. Do I need to explain or is “because maple” a good enough explanation on it’s own?

Earlier this year, I crafted a “Maple Forest” blend that was houjicha & white tea, in that case, it was a shou mei white tea. This time around, I am using an air-dried “Moonlight White” (or Yue Guang Bai) which has a softer flavor than the more assertive shou mei and I think I like it better than the shou mei. I like the way the lightness of the Yue Guang Bai unites with the houjicha for a flavor that’s both sweet and toasty as well as a smooth, silky texture. And I went heavier on the white tea than the green this time around – so that the roasted flavor from the green tea was more of an accent note rather than a strong flavor profile.

Despite the difference in white teas here and the lighter touch of houjicha – I wanted something else to make this stand out as a distinctly different blend from the Maple Forest so I decided to add some spice. Why not, right? So, I added some cardamom, cinnamon and nutmeg for a little warmth and because of the smooth, silky texture of this blend, I decided to add some creamy vanilla notes to the Maple.

This is a deliciously maple, creamy, cozy kind of tea experience! Very yum!

ingredients: white tea

organic ingredients: roasted green tea, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla bean & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

Tasting Notes

There aren't any tasting notes for this tea yet.