Warm Maple Cream

Maple, Nutmeg, Vanilla
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

1 Tasting Note View all

• “No, the cold I had didn’t kill me. I can’t believe I haven’t written a tasting note in ten days though. First note for this one? I had to order a couple recent mystery bags and I received a big...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for November 6, 2017!

When it comes to writing these tea descriptions, I try to recall what my inspiration was to create the blend. That’s proving a little difficult at the moment, because I really don’t recall what it was that inspired me to create this blend. I knew I wanted to create a white tea & houjicha blend. I wanted something that works well with the sweet, smooth yet toasty flavor that comes with this combination of tea leaves. My first thought is “Maple!” Because – maple. Do I need to explain or is “because maple” a good enough explanation on it’s own?

Earlier this year, I crafted a “Maple Forest” blend that was houjicha & white tea, in that case, it was a shou mei white tea. This time around, I am using an air-dried “Moonlight White” (or Yue Guang Bai) which has a softer flavor than the more assertive shou mei and I think I like it better than the shou mei. I like the way the lightness of the Yue Guang Bai unites with the houjicha for a flavor that’s both sweet and toasty as well as a smooth, silky texture. And I went heavier on the white tea than the green this time around – so that the roasted flavor from the green tea was more of an accent note rather than a strong flavor profile.

Despite the difference in white teas here and the lighter touch of houjicha – I wanted something else to make this stand out as a distinctly different blend from the Maple Forest so I decided to add some spice. Why not, right? So, I added some cardamom, cinnamon and nutmeg for a little warmth and because of the smooth, silky texture of this blend, I decided to add some creamy vanilla notes to the Maple.

This is a deliciously maple, creamy, cozy kind of tea experience! Very yum!

ingredients: white tea

organic ingredients: roasted green tea, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla bean & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

1 Tasting Note

No, the cold I had didn’t kill me. I can’t believe I haven’t written a tasting note in ten days though. First note for this one? I had to order a couple recent mystery bags and I received a big size of this one…. but no more new tea for me for a while! I feel like having a cold and not wanting to try new teas because of it set me back in trying teas. It’s not fun to wait to try new teas! This one smells delicious coming right out of the bag! It is definitely maple and cream! It reminds me of one of those chocolates with maple cream in the middle. The base is houjicha and that sickle shaped sort of white tea. I can’t say that the sickle shaped white tea is the one I’d prefer… I feel like it never imparts much flavor in a cup. However, it works well here. All the ingredients here really work well together. I love the white tea base with hints of roastiness from the houjicha. Definite flavors of maple and vanilla with hints of cinnamon and nutmeg. Big pieces of cardamom in the blend as well. I’m glad my tastebuds were back to enjoy this delicious blend!

Flavors: Maple, Nutmeg, Vanilla

Fjellrev

I’m glad you are feeling better! And I totally hear you. Between getting sick more frequently over the past few months and being really busy, it’s set me back with trying what I have in my cupboard. But I did exactly the same thing and ordered mystery bags AND got a full-sized one too so glad to hear you’re liking it!